Note for Current UM Employees
Current employees must apply internally via connectU >
Definition of Class
This position develops and executes marketing plans and promotions
for initiatives, projects, and activities. The incumbent develops
and implements marketing strategies; performs market research to
enhance effectiveness of programs and activities; advises
department about communication tools, messages, and approaches to
marketing initiatives; and manages the production and distribution
of marketing materials.
Examples of Work Performed
- Creates and monitors a wide variety of email marketing
campaigns pertaining to recruitment, promotion, and other
- Ensures design and layouts of emails are optimized, accessible,
user and mobile-friendly.
- Advises departments about email marketing best practices as
well as other digital communication tools, messages, and approaches
to marketing initiatives.
- Oversees a content calendar for external email marketing
campaigns across campus.
- Conducts market research and develops strategies to enhance
effectiveness of programs and activities.
- Keeps apprised regulatory compliance guidance and policies for
- Compiles and analyzes data to build email lists in approved
university email marketing platforms.
- Collaborates with appropriate units across campus to manage and
oversee databases for approved email marketing platforms.
- Coordinates with other university marketing efforts to build
full-scale marketing campaigns.
- Tracks and analyzes campaign results. Defines and develops
measurement models to evaluate the effectiveness of marketing
- Tracks metrics and prepares reports for leadership.
- Assists in the development of email marketing messages and
writes engaging copy to be used throughout the university’s digital
- Performs similar or related operational duties as assigned, or
These essential functions include, but are not limited to, the
following. Additional essential functions may be identified and
included by the hiring department.
- Develops and implements digital marketing strategies.
- Conducts market research and generates reports on
- Advises department about communication tools, messages, and
approaches to marketing initiatives.
Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications,
Journalism, Business or a related field from an accredited
four-year college or university.
Three (3) years of experience related to the above described
Related experience may be substituted for education, on a basis set
forth and approved by the Department of Human Resources.
Any candidate who is called for an
interview must notify the Department of Equal
Opportunity/Regulatory Compliance in writing of any reasonable
accommodation needed prior to the date of the interview.
To learn more about our pay structure and view our salary ranges,
to visit the Compensation page of our Human Resources
website. This link is provided for general pay information. Hourly
rate or salary may vary depending on qualifications, experience,
and departmental budget. Note: Unclassified positions (faculty,
executives, researchers and coaches) do not have established salary
The University of Mississippi provides equal opportunity in any
employment practice, education program, or education activity to
all qualified persons. The University complies with all applicable
laws regarding equal opportunity and affirmative action and does
not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for
employment based upon race, color, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, citizenship,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic
Background Check Statement
The University of Mississippi is committed to providing a safe
campus community. UM conducts background investigations for
applicants being considered for employment. Background
investigations include a criminal history record check, and when
appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history