Note for Current UM Employees
Current employees must apply internally via connectU >
Definition of Class
This position provides housekeeping services for guest rooms and
public areas at The Inn at Ole Miss. The incumbent cleans and
services guest rooms and other areas such as corridors, restrooms,
lobby, and offices to provide a clean and welcoming environment for
Examples of Work Performed
- Cleans and services guest rooms and other assigned areas.
- Maintains sufficient stock and supplies to perform daily
- Dusts, sweeps, mops, and vacuums guest rooms and assigned
- Cleans rest rooms, offices, and replenishes supplies.
- Picks up trash, empties garbage containers, and removes trash
- Sanitizes trash containers as necessary to provide clean
receptacles for guests.
- Cleans guest rooms, monitors for wear and tear, and reports any
damage or repairs, as needed.
- Restocks amenity drawers on housekeeping carts with soaps,
shampoos and lotions.
- Reports guest items left behind to front desk.
- Performs related or similar duties as required or
These essential functions include, but are not limited to, the
following. Additional essential functions may be identified and
included by the hiring Department.
1. Cleans and maintains guest rooms, public areas, corridors and
2. Maintains stock and supplies to perform daily tasks.
3. Reports any maintenance issues for repair or replacement.
Ability to read, write, and understand basic instructions.
Any candidate who is called for an
interview must notify the Department of Equal
Opportunity/Regulatory Compliance in writing of any reasonable
accommodation needed prior to the date of the interview.
To learn more about our pay structure and view our salary ranges,
click here to visit the Compensation page of our Human Resources
website. This link is provided for general pay information. Hourly
rate or salary may vary depending on qualifications, experience,
and departmental budget. Note: Unclassified positions (faculty,
executives, researchers and coaches) do not have established salary
The University of Mississippi provides equal opportunity in any
employment practice, education program, or education activity to
all qualified persons. The University complies with all applicable
laws regarding equal opportunity and affirmative action and does
not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for
employment based upon race, color, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, citizenship,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic
Background Check Statement
The University of Mississippi is committed to providing a safe
campus community. UM conducts background investigations for
applicants being considered for employment. Background
investigations include a criminal history record check, and when
appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history