Carnegie Mellon University’s Simon Initiative accelerates the
success of the university’s educational technology ecosystem.
Central to this work is an approach called Learning Engineering:
the use of learning research and the affordances of technology to
design and deliver innovative, instrumented educational practices.
These innovations improve outcomes while simultaneously generating
data to refine and advance theory, fueling a virtuous cycle of
research and practice. The Torus project is an important component
of this ecosystem. Torus is the Simon Initiative’s next generation
adaptive learning platform.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer role to lead
manual feature acceptance and system regression tests, ensuring
that Torus continues to set benchmarks in the EdTech landscape.
This role is a beacon for those who are passionate about delivering
top-tier quality in an ever-evolving technological
Key Responsibilities include:
- Test Leadership: Champion manual feature acceptance and system
regression tests to ensure comprehensive test coverage and timely
- Technical Support: Assist our Tier-1 Support team by providing
tier-2 technical support for the Torus platform, ensuring swift
resolution of user-reported issues.
- Test Automation: Assist in automating performance and feature
testing, ensuring efficiency and robustness in QA processes.
- Interoperability Checks: Lead all aspects of Learning
Management System (LMS) platform integration testing.
- Documentation: Create detailed test documentation, encompassing
test scenarios, test cases, and defect logs.
- Collaboration: Work closely with the Product, Development, and
Design teams to ensure alignment of quality standards and product
Nice to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology,
- Proven experience in QA roles, with a focus on manual
- Strong troubleshooting skills, with an ability to diagnose and
address application issues
- A keen eye for detail and an uncompromising stand on
- Stellar communication and collaboration skills
- Knowledge of edtech and experience in testing LMS
interoperability is highly desirable
- Familiarity with scripting and automating performance and
- Experience in working with diverse, co-located, and remote
- Successful background check
Inclusion and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU.
Therefore, we are in search of a team member who can effectively
interact with a varied population of diverse audiences. We are
looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the
mission of the university through their work.
At Carnegie Mellon, we value the whole package when extending
offers of employment. Beyond just credentials, we consider the
role's responsibilities, your invaluable work experience, and the
knowledge gained through education and training. We acknowledge and
appreciate your unique key skills and the diverse perspectives you
bring. Our commitment to fostering an inclusive work environment
means we also account for geographic differentials. Your journey
with us is about more than just a job; it's about finding the
perfect fit for your professional growth and personal
Are you interested in this exciting opportunity?! Apply
Staff – Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Full Time/Part time
- Please visit “ Why Carnegie Mellon ” to learn more about
becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change
- Click here to view a listing of employee benefits
- Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity
- Statement of Assurance