Current Dallas College employees will need to log into Workday
through My Apps to apply. Simply enter "Find Jobs" in the Workday
search bar to view open positions and submit your
All Job Postings will close at 12:01 a.m. CT on the specified
Closing Date. To view the job posting closing date please return to
the search for jobs page.
If you close the browser or exit your application prior to
submitting, the application process will be saved as a draft. You
will be able to access and complete the application through “My
Draft Applications” located on your Candidate Home page.
Weekly Work Hours
United States of America (Non-Exempt)
Dallas College seeks a dynamic individual to play an important role
in the operation of the one of the seven new Dallas College
academic Schools (the Schools). The Lab Specialist will serve
within one of the Dallas College academic Schools. Dallas College
is establishing the Schools with a new, ambitious academic
framework to ensure the Schools align with the North Texas region’s
workforce and industry needs to ensure graduates’ success in their
The Lab Specialist will report to the Lab Manager. The Lab
Specialist is responsible for maintaining materials, supplies,
equipment, and information systems while providing technical
support for courses and programs.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge about laboratory operations, laboratory information
systems (software and hardware), and laboratory equipment in one or
more discipline areas within the School.
- Advanced ability to use computer technology to access data,
maintain records, generate reports and communicate with
- Must have strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task,
detail-oriented approach to work, strong decision-making skills,
good follow-up, ability to complete tasks.
- Utilizes excellent interpersonal, listening, oral and written
communication skills in order to communicate effectively with
diverse internal and external stakeholders and constituents in the
Dallas College community network.
- Strong knowledge and experience providing effective customer
service. Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with
individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Must be able to comply with district policies/procedures as
well as applicable local, state, and federal rules and
- Must complete required Professional Development training hours
per academic year.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office
environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals
with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and
- Associate degree plus one (1) year of related work experience
and/or experience in a teaching environment. In lieu of associate
degree, two years of related work experience may be
- Official transcripts are required. Some positions may require
specific state licensed/certifications depending on the
***Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions
may be subject to a fingerprint check. ***
The intent of this job description is to provide a
representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities
performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a
declaration of the total of the specific duties and
responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be
directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically
presented in this description. Position requires regular and
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that
provides education and employment opportunities without
discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national
origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity
or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans
with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
- Responsible for daily operations and maintenance of
laboratories, specialized classrooms, learning laboratories, tool
rooms and equipment in support of courses and programs.
- Promote and support safety through laboratory safe practices
and provide training for students on safety procedures and
hazardous materials handling. Maintains all Material Safety Data
Sheets (MSDS) information for all chemicals and materials as
- Responsible for performing periodic inventory and maintaining
accurate inventory for equipment, tools, materials and supplies.
Receives, stores, and issues tools, supplies or equipment
associated with courses or programs.
- Maintains log of tools, materials and equipment distributed and
returned. Responsible for security of assigned inventory.
- Responsible for maintaining tools, equipment, and information
systems in good working condition and ensuring that repairs are
scheduled and completed in a timely manner; perform minor repairs
and calibrations as needed.
- Responsible for scheduling preventative maintenance of
equipment and recommend replacement or new equipment acquisitions.
Schedule repairs and prepares and tracks purchase
- Serve as primary point of contact for vendors for quotes and
- For learning labs, partner with faculty to coordinate
appropriate learning lab support services including student
orientation and training. Responsible for troubleshooting lab
hardware/software issues. Monitor students in the computer lab
during open lab periods.
- Assist in the monitoring of lab activities to ensure a safe and
clean learning environment.
- Serves as a resource to students, staff and faculty in area of
- Monitor and control budget expenditures within
- Hire, supervise, and evaluate lab assistants and assigned
staff. Determines work schedules and assignments in collaboration
- Keeps up to date on the professional and technical aspects on
- Utilizes excellent communication skills and the ability to
interact with diverse internal/external stakeholders and
constituents within the DCCCD community network.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Completes required Dallas College Professional Development
training hours per academic year.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
December 14, 2023