Welcome to Career Opportunities at Lindenwood University.
PLEASE READ: For all applications, please include your resume
and cover letter. You may skip the “Quick Apply” page
by simply clicking “Next” at the bottom of the page. When
you arrive at the “Experience” page, you may upload all
desired documents using the upload box labeled “Resume/CV.”
This is the appropriate box to upload all documents.
Benefits of Being a Lindenwood Employee:
JOB TITLE SUMMARY
- Upon hire, employer-paid tuition benefits for bachelor’s
(employee, spouse, and dependent) and master’s degree programs
(employee and spouse only).
- Tuition discounts for doctoral programs (employee only).
- Comprehensive benefits plan: medical, dental, vision, life
insurance, disability insurance, and retirement options.
- Paid holidays: MLK Jr. day, Good Friday, Memorial Day,
Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving break
(Wednesday – Friday), and winter break (Dec. 23 – Jan. 1).
- Free lunch Fridays: LU employees are eligible for a free meal
on Fridays at the Evans Commons Dining Hall or Spellman Dining
Hall; Chick-fil-A and Qdoba included.
- Professional development opportunities through the Lindenwood Learning Academy .
Analyst, Fiscal Affairs (Accounts Payable)
$ 38,209.00 +
Compensation offers are evaluated based on a combination of
education, experience, qualifications, and other pertinent factors
such as internal equity.
Supervisor, Accounts Payable
The analyst processes, studies, and audits expense reports and
accounts payable invoices in Workday. This position also maintains
and creates non-procurement suppliers in Workday and gathers all
pertinent information regarding new suppliers.
Essential Job Functions and Performance Indicators
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation
of the types of duties and level of responsibility that will be
required of positions given this title. This job description shall
not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific
duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees
may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those
specifically presented in this description.
Job Responsibilities and Execution
- Oversees the management of University-issued credit cards,
including maintaining inventory and credit limits, coordinating,
and communicating fraudulent activity, and issuing and renewing
- Analyzes and processes expense reports for proper coding;
audits system-selected expense reports to determine unapproved
charges and assure compliance with University
- Prepares, analyzes, and issues settlement runs weekly, doubling
accuracy for high-dollar items
- Analyzes unreconciled checks and determines if they need to be
canceled and re-issued
- Verifies that all invoices, rentals and staff reimbursements
are processed accurately in a timely manner
- Verifies that transactions and contracts follow University
- Compares prior- and present-month utility bills; notes major
increases/decreases; sends questions to accounts payable supervisor
and senior vice president, Operations
- Updates suppliers in Workday annually, creating and
de-activating suppliers as needed
- Performs annual 1099 and non-1099 audit
- Manages Accounts Payable email inbox
- Makes recommendations for improvements to business
- Ensures that all workflow is complete within daily/weekly
Communication, Teamwork, and Collaboration
- Supports the mission of the University and serves as an
ambassador of the Q2 culture of service excellence
- Models, supports, and holds others accountable to the
University’s values – integrity, dedication, excellence,
creativity, and teamwork
- Reviews stale-dated checks and updates Accounting department on
- Ensures good working relationships with vendors and
Job may require other duties as assigned.
- Ensures good working relationships with campus community and
- Reconciles transactions by notifying departments of any known
discrepancies and providing balance records
– An equivalent combination of
education, training, and experience will be considered. Additional
requirements may be designated by position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Minimum 2 year’s related work experience
– May be representative,
but not all inclusive, of the knowledge, skills, and abilities
necessary to perform this job competently.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from
diverse communities and cultures
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in
writing, with all organizational levels
- Ability to coordinate with other departments
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highly organized
- Strong professional integrity and ability to maintain strict
– Environmental or atmospheric conditions
commonly associated with the performance of this job’s functions.
Please click here
to view Lindenwood University’s
flexible work designation descriptions.”
- General office setting
- Standard Flex
– The physical demands described below
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform this job’s essential functions. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Ability to work effectively at a computer for up to eight hours
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function
Lindenwood University is an Equal Opportunity employer. The
University complies with appropriate federal, state, and local laws
and provides equal employment opportunities and access to
educational programs without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
veteran status, disability, or any other protected status to all
qualified applicants and employees. Lindenwood University is
committed to a policy of non-discrimination and dedicated to
providing a positive discrimination-free educational work