Instructional personnel with compensation to administratively assist the Associate Dean/Interim Director of Undergraduate Nursing Programs.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Satisfactory personnel evaluations.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
Essential Job Functions
- Reviews, evaluates and submits recommended curriculum changes to the direct report..
- Participates in University, state, and national program and policy-related meetings.
- Prepares and submits for approval, program-related reports and agreements and maintains program-related records as assigned.
- Assists faculty in preparing semester course syllabus.
- Monitors academic standards for the program to which assigned.
- Teaches program courses and conducts all duties and responsibilities pertinent to the faculty role as outlined in the School of Nursing faculty position description.
- Assists in the identification, recruitment, supervision, and evaluation of adjunct or faculty in the program to which assigned.
- Assists the program director in implementing and monitoring the program budget by identifying fiscal, physical, and personnel needs.
- Assists the program director in resolving student issues in the program to which assigned.
- Initiates orientation programs for new adjunct or faculty in the program to which assigned.
- Exhibits initiative, enthusiasm, collegiality, and teamwork in accomplishing the responsibilities of the position.
- Maintains currency of knowledge in nursing education by attending state and national meetings for nursing educators and administrators.
- Coordinates the clinical and laboratory placement of students in conjunction with program directors, faculty, and other nursing program coordinators.
- Identify and secure new clinical site affiliations agreements.
- Maintain clinical site roster and compliance paperwork for preceptorship confirmation.
- Provides administrative support for Director for the Undergraduate Program (i.e., the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree program, Associate Degree in Nursing (ASN) in the School of Nursing.
- Serves as an academic support specialist who organizes and schedules standardized exams, exam preparation, and coordinates student success seminars.
- Develops and sends program surveys (clinical placements, alumni, etc.).
- Entry and management of program outcomes data as outlined in the School of Nursing’s Evaluation Plan.
- Supports the Program in the execution of the School of Nursing’s strategic goals and initiatives.
- Organizes and schedules the evaluation of student scholarship applications.
- Assists with program annual reports and accreditation reports.
- Assists with the development of educational grant applications to support the School of Nursing programs (e.g., HRSA training grants).
- Builds relationships and provides administrative support for the clinical courses.
- Assists with clinical clearances.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- A Maser’s degree in nursing is required.
- PhD preferred.
Licensing and Certifications
- Current Mississippi Registered Nurse License.
- Certification(s) as appropriate for the faculty position.