Assistant/Associate Clinical Professor
Primary Purpose and Essential Functions:
The Physician Assistant Program faculty at University of the
Pacific is responsible for providing all aspects of didactic
education for the Program. Faculty members are integral in all
activities of the program and participate in many areas by
instruction and by example.
Teaching is the primary focus of faculty at the University. We
aspire to promote student learning within a humanistic environment
such that students are enthusiastic about providing
scientifically-based, patient-centered care.
Scholarship and professional service are valued by the program and
University of the Pacific. The Physician Assistant Program is
committed to strengthening the profession through the “development
of, and support for, collaborative research and
practice-based/applied research.” The intent of this effort is not
only to increase the discovery and dissemination of knowledge, but
also to focus on faculty and student scholarship and research as
part of the University's overall educational mission.
- Advising and mentoring students, course coordination, classroom
teaching, participation in course assignments in a team teaching
environment, developing student objectives, participating in lab
sessions, and establishing a personal program of scholarly
- Participation in department meetings, college and university
committees, and state and/or national organizations.
- Participation in the ARC-PA continuing accreditation
- Participation in the admissions process.
- Clinical: Opportunities exist for release time to perform
clinical work in the PAs area of expertise.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
University of the Pacific recognizes that diversity, equity, and
inclusion is foundational to the success of our valued students and
employees. We prioritize policy and decision-making that
demonstrates awareness of, and responsiveness to, the ways
sociocultural forces related to race, gender, ability, sexuality,
socioeconomic status, etc. impede or propel students, faculty, and
- Graduate from an ARC-PA accredited PA program.
- Master’s degree in PA studies or other discipline.
- Current NCCPA certification, state licensure in California (or
eligible for state license).
- Minimum of two (2) years of clinical experience as a Physician
- DMSc, PhD, DHSc or equivalent preferred.
- Academic experience in Physician Assistant Education.
- Sincere desire for personal growth and development as an
educator, including teaching, scholarship, and service throughout
the course of your career.
- Desire to teach and learn from students in all phases of the
curriculum, using a humanistic educational model.
- Involvement or desire to be involved in professional
organizations within the field of specialty.
- Involvement or desire to participate in professional education
beyond the school, on local, state, regional, national, and
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills, specifically MS
Office Suite Programs (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and MS
- Ability to work as a team with administrators, fellow faculty,
staff, and students
- Experience and sensitivity in working with people of diverse
backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated experience in advancing social justice, equity,
and inclusion in a university setting.
- Ability to engage and integrate culturally responsive practices
and knowledge in their work.
The physical demands described here are representative but not
definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Workload varies by semester, but is assigned by the Program
Director in consultation with the faculty member. Emphasis is
placed on balancing the academic requirements of teaching,
scholarship, and service over the course of each year. Schedule is
dependent on course and department needs. Specific workload and
scheduling will be adjusted based on the faculty member’s, as well
as the Program’s, needs. In addition to scheduled assignments,
professional activities outside the school (presentations,
consulting, etc.) will be supported, encouraged, and
For first consideration, please apply on or before June 30,
To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/26898
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal
opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In
compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is
committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff
and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in
the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff
on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry,
age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and
veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy,
gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical