Director of College Initiatives
About the Opportunity
The Bouve College of Health Sciences is looking for a Director of
College Initiatives who will lead the inception, coordination,
program/project management, and product delivery of key College
initiatives and strategies from a business development approach.
The Director reports to the Associate Dean of Finance and
Administration (ADAF) for Bouve College of Health Sciences and is
responsible for managing initiatives that advance College strategy
and enhance College programs, partnerships, and research across
Northeastern's global university system. This will include ensuring
that initiatives are aligned with strategic priorities and are
properly managed, executed, and implemented. In addition, this role
includes initiating and stewarding new ideas and opportunities to
full completion and implementation through the strategic planning
project management cycles.
- Master's degree required plus a minimum of 7 years of
experience required in strategic oversight, project management,
events oversight and relationship building, or business development
- Two to three (2-3) years of supervisory management experience
- Experience independently building and managing projects that
resulted in the development of successful sustainable deliverables
- Experience working in and being successful in an
entrepreneurial start-up environment.
- Knowledge of business development, partnerships, and project
- Ability to develop and lead strategic initiatives and follow
through to completion.
- Excellent management, organizational, interpersonal, and
- Demonstrates an understanding of the health care education
market, educational course creation, health care research as it
relates to new offerings and relationships.
- A high degree of self-motivation and self-direction is
essential, coupled with a proven record of accomplishment of
- Demonstrated record of accomplishment of success in sales
and/or relationship management.
- Ability to work in a distributed and matrixed environment to
deliver against shared goals.
- Effective communicator and collaborator with an ability to
motivate others towards shared goals.
- Ability to track activity and report results via CRM system
(Salesforce); active use of Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to collaborate with faculty and staff across colleges,
regions, and units including Deans, Associate Deans, Department
Chairs, Program Directors, and other administrators within the
College and across the university.
- Organizational tact and diplomacy; possesses superb
interpersonal skills required to develop close relationships with
external partners and key influencers around campus and the broader
- Demonstrated ability to build internal and external
collaborations, finding solutions benefiting all parties and
focusing on long-term success over short-term results.
- Ability to serve as an ambassador for the College and
University across ingteranl and external stakeholders; representing
the Dean and campus strategic interests when appropriate.
- Flexibility for travel within the region and as needed.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), including
ability to speak with a variety of stakeholders.
- Experienced project manager who can roll up their sleeves, take
initiative, think creatively, work independently, and be
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in
health science education, research and innovation.
- Understand Bouve's unique value proposition and how that
translates to each partner's needs to provide real, effective, and
- Work with other team members, as needed, to propose solutions
and to support the closing of deals.
- Engage with clients, customers, and prospects by delivering
exceptional customer service.
- Bring awareness and support for Bouve's programs and
- Be a team player by sharing knowledge and open dialogue with
Northeastern University considers factors such as candidate work
experience, education and skills when extending an offer.
Northeastern has a comprehensive benefits package for benefit
eligible employees. This includes medical, vision, dental, paid
time off, tuition assistance, wellness & life, retirement- as
well as commuting & transportation. Visit https://hr.northeastern.edu/benefits/
for more information.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking
to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and
staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its
forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect
that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, religion,
color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability
status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and
support of diversity and inclusion, please see
To apply, visit https://northeastern.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Boston-MA-Main-Campus/Director-of-College-Initiatives_R121017