Part-Time Assistant Softball Coach
Nature of Position:
Job Summary/Basic Function
Assist Head Coach in performing any or all duties related to
recruiting academically qualified student-athletes, scheduling,
scouting, conditioning, advising student athletes in academic
matters related to enrollment and educational progress, generating
revenue and other assigned duties. Contract renewed on an
Located in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania,
Millersville University of Pennsylvania is one of the 14 public
universities of Pennsylvania's State System of Higher Education.
Our pillars of distinction include exceptionally strong
student-faculty relationships, numerous programs of distinction, a
beautiful campus and vibrant location, and successful job placement
for our students. Our students' success, both inside and outside of
the classroom, is our highest priority, and we provide numerous
opportunities to facilitate their academic, personal, and social
growth and development. Almost 70 baccalaureate programs are
available for our 6,600 students to find their path. Several of our
programs are multidisciplinary in nature, combining science,
technology, and art to create a more progressive degree. One
thousand graduate students enroll in 21 master's and three doctoral
programs. Our faculty are highly respected in their fields and
dedicated to the success of students in the classroom, research
labs, and in campus life. Over 66,000 alumni live in all 50 states
and in 72 countries around the world. We seek individuals who
embrace and value our EPPIIC values of exploration, public mission,
professionalism, inclusion, integrity, and compassion.
At Millersville University we are committed to fostering a learning
and working environment that promotes the intersectionality of
diversity to foster a climate of inclusion. Employing our EPPIIC
values and the principles of Inclusive Excellence, we hold that an
inclusive community is a core value that is an essential part of
the foundation for our learning and working environment.
Millersville University is an equal opportunity employer and, in
compliance with federal and state laws and university policy, is
committed to providing equal educational and employment
opportunities for all persons without regard to age, color,
national origin, race, religion, disability, veteran status, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Individuals from traditionally underrepresented populations are
encouraged to apply.
- Experience coaching softball or baseball at the high school,
club, college, or professional level or experience playing women’s
softball at the college level .
- Knowledge of or experience recruiting.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication
- Commitment to academic excellence of students.
- Commitment to athletic excellence of students.
- Ability to work with student-athletes of diverse cultures,
racial and ethnic groups.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel,
- Evidence of a commitment to diversity, equity, and
- Valid driver’s license.
- Successful interview.
- Successful completion of three background checks.
Report to the Head Coach and perform any or all the duties
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Knowledge of NCAA Div. II rules.
- PSAC coaching or playing experience.
- Advise student-athletes and staff of applicable intercollegiate
athletic rules, regulations, and University policies and ensure
compliance of such regulations.
- Develop and conduct pre-season, in-season and off-season
training and conditioning programs for the team.
- Recruit student-athletes.
- Inform student-athletes of academic and other matters
pertaining to their enrollment and educational progress.
- Plan and direct athletic skill development for
- Ensure appropriate safety measures are observed when conducting
- Cooperate with the University physicians and Athletic Trainers
to ensure student-athletes receive proper medical and physical
- Coordinate all activities in preparation for scheduled
- Attend all team practices and home and away contests.
- Monitor student-athlete academic performance and implement
team, athletic department, and University measures to support their
- Assume responsibility to student-athlete compliance with all
applicable rules and regulations. Assist the Head Coach and the
Director of Intercollegiate Athletics in resolving cases where a
student-athlete violates an applicable regulation.
- Work with alumni student groups University administration and
community groups to seek support for the team.
- Ensure student-athletes participation in NCAA CHAMPS/Life
- Assist the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics in
fund-raising activities in accordance with Collective Bargaining
Agreements for non-faculty coaches.
- Submit monthly work schedules to the Director of
Intercollegiate Athletics and comply with Schedule once
- Attend appropriate Athletic departmental staff meetings.
- All other duties as assigned.
To apply, please visit: https://jobs.millersville.edu/postings/11302
- Outdoor facilities.
- Understanding of written directions.
- Extensive writing skills (prepare and organize complex
- Extensive verbal communication skills (provide information and
- Must be able to lift/pull/push up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to drive university vehicles.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard