OPS CRNA Clinical Coordinator
The OPS CRNA Clinical Coordinator guides student learning and
provides oversight of the day-to-day clinical practice education of
the Florida Gulf Coast University Nurse Anesthesiology Program
students at the assigned clinical practice site. Provides assurance
that the clinical practice site is conducive to student learning
and maintains compliance with the COA Standards for Accreditation
of Nurse Anesthesia Programs and Accreditation Policies and
Procedures as related to clinical instruction.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Guides student learning and provides oversight of the
day-to-day clinical practice education of the Florida Gulf Coast
University Nurse Anesthesiology Program (FGCU NA) students at the
assigned clinical practice site.
- Provides FGCU NA students orientation to the clinical site that
outlines role expectations and responsibilities of students and
identifies available learning resources.
- Ensures that supervision of FGCU NA students at the clinical
site is limited to CRNA and physician anesthesiologist clinical
instructors who are institutionally credentialed to practice and
immediately available for consultation.
- Ensures that the clinical supervision ratio of FGCU NA students
to clinical instructor ensures patient safety by taking into
consideration: the complexity of the anesthetic and/or surgical
procedure, the student's knowledge and ability, and the
comorbidities associated with the patient.
- Ensures that clinical oversight of FGCU NA students during the
delivery of anesthesia care and pain management services does not
exceed two (2) FGCU NA students to one (1) CRNA clinical
instructor, or two (2) FGCU NA students to one (1) physician
anesthesiologist clinical instructor if no CRNA is involved.
- Monitors FGCU NA student case logs and assigns student practice
experiences based on Clinical Practicum course learning
- Communicates on a regular basis with the FGCU NA Program
Director and Assistant Program Director concerning issues relating
to student clinical competencies and/or professional
- Monitors the clinical practice site's available resources and
clinical instructors' willingness to enable students to develop as
safe, competent, full-service anesthesia care and pain management
- Provides feedback to FGCU NA Program Director and Assistant
Program Director about student clinical placements and clinical
practice site issues each semester and as issues arise.
- Facilitates on-site visits by FGCU NA Program Director,
Assistant Program Director, and Program faculty.
- Assists FGCU NA Program faculty in distributing/collecting
student/faculty clinical evaluation tools, monitoring FGCU NA
student attendance and progress, and collecting data for evaluating
and improving the quality of clinical instruction at the clinical
- Monitors the currency of the professional credentials of CRNA
and physician anesthesiologist clinical instructors who instruct
FGCU NA students in the clinical practice site.
Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
Current NBCRNA certification/recertification as a Certified
Registered Nurse Anesthetist, current unrestricted Florida APRN
Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist license, and a master's
Physician Anesthesiologist with current unrestricted Florida
license as a Medical Doctor or Osteopathic Physician. Current
unrestricted privileges to practice as a CRNA.
Physician Anesthesiologist at the prospective clinical practice
Doctoral degree for CRNA applicants.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws, statutes,
regulations, codes, and standards related to the area of
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- Ability to operate personal computers with proficiency and
learn new applications and systems.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with the community and be
sensitive to multicultural issues.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations and
- Ability to think critically and make clear, well-reasoned and
- Ability to collaborate with Nurse Anesthesiology Program
Director and School of Nursing faculty in the delivery of clinical
instruction at the assigned clinical site resulting in improved
All employees are expected to:
To apply, visit https://fgcu.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/eaglejobs/job/Main-Campus/OPS-CRNA-Clinical-Coordinator_R0004398?workerSubType=7606cd1535ba016f9151c43d68012214&workerSubType=7606cd1535ba01e56580c43d68012414&workerSubType=7606cd1535ba014f6fabc43d68012614
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University
goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and
procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and
follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and
direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Ability to thrive in an organization that values the diversity
of its student body and workforce and actively promotes an
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with
others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and
collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and
processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.