Finance Business Systems Analyst
About the Opportunity
The Finance Business Systems Analyst collaborates with Finance
functional teams and customers in colleges and divisions to enhance
and maintain configurations for Workday Financial Management,
Jaggaer, Transact, and other Finance Systems. This collaboration
aims to improve our work processes while ensuring compliance with
regulatory and business requirements. The Analyst takes a leading
role in developing solutions, offering project management
oversight, and executing all phases of the software development
life cycle. Additionally, the Analyst actively participates in
change management activities, including the development of training
materials and the provision of system support.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology/ Computer Science,
Finance, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Workday Administrator or a similar role
developing business processes and managing security.
- Experience with configuring and administering Workday Financial
Management, following functional areas: Procurement and Suppliers,
Expense Management, Banking and Settlement, Financial Accounting
(General Ledger and Reporting), Business Assets, Projects,
Budgeting and Financial Planning.
- Knowledge of Workday reporting tools and data
- Strong understanding of financial processes and accounting
principles. Proficiency with core Finance systems, including
Accounting, Procure to Pay, Treasury and Budget.
- Proficiency with developing, implementing, and revising test
plans and test cases.
- Skills and attributes required include: oral/written
communication skills (to exchange information effectively with both
technical and non-technical audiences); self-starter who take
initiatives, works independently, and uses creative problem-solving
skills to solve technical or process-related problems.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer
service i.e., customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards
for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to work on multiple assignments simultaneously,
prioritize work and meet deadlines. Work independently in a
dynamically changing environment.
- High level of attention to detail, accuracy, and
- Prior experience in higher education is a plus.
1) System Administration
- Manage and administer the Workday
Financial Management system, ensuring optimal performance and
- Configure and maintain system settings, including security
profiles, business processes, and workflow rules.
- Collaborate with IT and finance teams to design and implement
integrations between Workday Financials and other
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial data by managing
data loads, imports, and exports.
- Design and develop financial reports and dashboards to meet the
organization's reporting requirements.
- Stay current on Workday updates, releases, and new
- Plan and execute system upgrades, ensuring a smooth transition
and minimal disruption to business operations.
- Work with stakeholders to identify opportunities for system
enhancements and improvements.
2) Business Analysis
- Work with stakeholders to analyze
Workday Financial Management system requirements and identify
problems, gather requirements, research options, and recommend
- Work with users to determine needs, identify changes, and
- Prepare detailed business requirements and user stories,
identifying gaps in operational business processes and documenting
process improvements and flow diagrams.
- Analyze data to inform problem-solving.
- Work closely with business teams to strategize solutions that
support short-term and long-term business objectives, developing
as-is and to-be process flows aligned with business
- Communicate designs to all stakeholders and recommend/evaluate
3) Customer Support
- Provide technical or tier 3-level
support to end-users, addressing inquiries, troubleshooting issues,
and offering guidance on system usage.
- Develop and deliver training programs for new and existing
users to enhance their understanding of Workday Financials
- Manage ServiceNow tickets to resolve issues in a timely and
- Partner with change management teams to update knowledge base
articles and training documentation.
Northeastern University considers factors such as candidate work
experience, education and skills when extending an offer.
Northeastern has a comprehensive benefits package for benefit
eligible employees. This includes medical, vision, dental, paid
time off, tuition assistance, wellness & life, retirement- as
well as commuting & transportation. Visit https://hr.northeastern.edu/benefits/
for more information.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking
to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and
staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its
forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect
that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, religion,
color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability
status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and
support of diversity and inclusion, please see
To apply, visit https://northeastern.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Boston-MA-Main-Campus/Finance-Business-Systems-Analyst_R120883