St. Bonaventure University (SBU) is seeking applicants for the position of Dean, for the DePerro School of Health Professions.
The Dean of the DePerro School of Health Professions is a senior academic leader responsible for providing academic and strategic leadership; developing and articulating a comprehensive vision and a clear mission; fostering innovative practices; advocating for faculty, staff, and students; leading accreditation processes; and insuring a rich and vibrant future.
An earned doctorate from an accredited institution and experience in health professions education is required. In addition, a record of teaching, scholarship in academics, understanding of accreditation and academic leadership experience are required. A licensed healthcare professional is preferred.
The Dean must communicate well and believe in democratic leadership, value good teaching, lead by example, be equitable and collegial, support the importance of other’s aspirations, and demonstrate impeccable professional conduct and personal integrity. This is an on-site position.
The ideal candidate:
- Is an excellent communicator and mentor who engenders trust through ethics, integrity, openness, accessibility, and transparency; a unifier who can listen well and motivate others to action.
- Has the ability to develop and implement a vision.
- Is a licensed healthcare professional.
- Can lead the faculty in the development of innovative programs and delivery formats.
- Is a knowledgeable motivator and supporter of teaching, scholarship, and programs within the school and across the University.
- Has the ability to support grant writing, fundraising with donors, and academic partnerships.
- Has knowledge of and experience with online education.
- Is an articulate and passionate advocate on behalf of the needs and aspirations of the school and its students, both on campus and with local healthcare providers.
- Has experience with, and is passionate about, rural healthcare.
- Has a strong commitment to enhancing institutional diversity.
- Is committed to working collaboratively with University colleagues to enhance enrollment. Experienced with the latest trends in health education technology including simulations.
- Is a forward-thinking and collaborative team member who can work effectively with the provost, colleague deans, faculty and other campus constituencies to promote school initiatives.
St. Bonaventure University is located in the scenic enchanted mountain region in Western New York, approximately 75 miles south of Buffalo, NY. Nestled in the foothills of the Allegheny Mountains, the 500-acre University is comprised of a close-knit caring community and small-town living with easy access to major metropolitan areas. As the oldest Franciscan university in the United States, St. Bonaventure University is dedicated to academic excellence in the Franciscan tradition and committed to expanding liberal and professional knowledge, developing a diverse and inclusive community, and preparing leaders dedicated to ethical conduct and compassionate service.
The University currently enrolls approximately 2,000 undergraduate students and 700 graduate students in its Schools of Arts and Sciences, Business, Education, Communication, and Health Professions. U.S. News & World Report 2024 ranks SBU in the top tier of northern universities and 6th on its regional list of Best College Values. St. Bonaventure is a member of the Atlantic 10 Conference (NCAA Division I).
DePerro School of Health Professions
The Dennis R. DePerro School of Health Professions (DSHP) was established in 2016 to help meet the demand for professionals in the health professions — one of the fastest-growing degree programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
Undergraduate programs in nursing, public health and health science answer a national demand for professionals in medical, public health and allied health fields.
The DSHP is accredited by Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA), and Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE).
We offer four graduate programs. Our Physician Assistant Studies program prepares students for one of the fastest-growing occupations in the nation, our Master of Science in Occupational Therapy program prepares students for responsibilities and services as occupational therapists, our Master of Public Health program prepares students for rewarding careers as leaders in the public health sector, and our Master’s Entry to Practice nursing program prepares graduates to become nurse generalists with a focus in emotional intelligence
- University town offers culture, art and Division I athletics Recreational activities for every season including: biking; boating; hiking; kayaking; skiing; and so much more Close proximity to Buffalo & Finger Lakes wine country Excellent private & public-school systems Diverse dining, local markets, festivals & community events Low cost of living with quality real estate choices
Full-time employees at SBU enjoy unparalleled benefits:
Abundance of Time off
- 20 Days (4 weeks) of Paid Time Off
- 20+ Paid Holidays
- 100% undergraduate tuition remission for employee, spouse, and dependents
- 80% graduate tuition remission for employee (online and ground programs)
- 50% for spouse (ground programs only)
Full Benefit package
- 403b Retirement Plan + 10% Employer contribution after 2 years
- Health Insurance with $250 Wellness card
- Dental Insurance
- Employer Paid Vision and Life insurance
- Short-term Disability
- Employer Paid Long-term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free access to campus fitness center
- 2 free Division 1 Men’s Basketball Season tickets
- Golf course membership discount
- Other National and Local discounts available
St. Bonaventure University is committed to proactively providing equal and equitable opportunity in its admissions, employment, and all educational programs and activities without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender expression or identity, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected category. St. Bonaventure fosters diversity in its faculty, staff, and student body and strongly encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.
Applicants should include with their application:
- Letter of interest
- 3 Professional References