General Trades Mechanic
Join our community and experience Emerson College!
Are you a skilled tradesperson with experience in a variety of
trades such as plumbing, electrical work, and carpentry? Emerson
College seeking reliable and hardworking general trades mechanics
to join our Facilities Management team. Our staff works closely
together as a team and are always willing to help each other
The Trades Mechanic will perform a variety of duties around the
college related to general maintenance and construction. In
addition, this position will respond to building maintenance issues
and client requests and will ensure that a safe environment is
maintained for all campus users.
There are multiple, immediate openings in all three of our
- First Shift (6:30am - 2:30pm)
- Second Shift (2:30pm - 10:30pm)
- Third Shift (10:30pm - 6:30am)
The hiring range for this position is an hourly rate $23.68 to
$28.4, commensurate with years of relevant experience. Second and
third shift workers will receive a pay differential.
Additionally, new hires will be eligible for a $1000 sign on
In addition to pay, Emerson has a great benefits package, including
tuition benefits for staff, spouses, and dependents.
Opportunities exist for apprenticeships and continued
Consider applying today, you will be able to indicate which
shift(s) you are interested in during the interview process.
Read below for more information about the job, the qualifications,
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Maintain campus properties, ensuring that a safe environment is
provided for all users.
- Complete daily work order requests.
- Give access to contractors as necessary.
- Maintain supplies and equipment.
- Perform seasonal maintenance tasks as appropriate.
- Assist trades personnel as needed.
- Remove snow as required.
- Perform necessary administrative tasks.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS - Qualifications are deemed required or preferred
and represent what is needed to effectively perform job.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- 3-5 years of job-related experience with demonstrated
- Good attention to detail required
- Experience in a higher education setting preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES - May be representative, but not
all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills, and abilities commonly
associated with the job.
- Basic knowledge of electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and other
- Self-starter with good problem-solving skills
PHYSICAL ABILITIES - Activities commonly associated with the
performance of the functions of this job. The physical demands
described below are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- This position is active in nature, continuous movement
throughout the college campus is required.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions from
supervisors and to verbally communicate with co-workers is
- Repetitive movements, frequent lifting of up to 50 pounds,
reaching, pushing, stooping, climbing, and the ability to detect
color-coding and read will be expected.
WORK ENVIRONMENT - Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly
associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- This position works both indoors and outdoors.
- Exposed to moderate noise levels
- Occasionally exposed to extreme temperatures and inclement
- Exposed to dust, oils, chemicals, and fumes
- Exposed to vibration, moving mechanical parts, and the risk of
- May occasionally work in a confined space or in a high,
This job description in no way states or implies
that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee
occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other
job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as
requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Certain job duties described herein may be subject to possible
modification in accordance with applicable state and federal
The hiring range for this position is an hourly rate of $23.68 to
$28.41, commensurate with years of relevant experience.
Grade of Position: 23-06NE
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 36.25
In addition to a competitive salary, Emerson College is committed
to the health and well-being of our employees and family members.
We offer a generous benefits package to regular staff scheduled to
work 20+ hours per week.
Benefits include outstanding health plans with limited
out-of-pocket expenses, dental plans, generous time-off programs,
and a 403(b) retirement benefit with a 9% employer contribution
once eligible. Additional benefits such as life and disability
coverage as well as commuter offerings are available.
Please refer to our
for a full list of benefits and
To apply, please visit: https://emerson.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Emerson_College_Staff/job/General-Trades-Mechanic_JR005187-1