The Westphal College of Media Arts and Design at Drexel University
is seeking a dedicated Administrative Front Desk Assistant to
provide essential mailroom and administrative support to the Dean's
Office staff. As the first point of contact for visitors, students,
and faculty, the Administrative Assistant will play a pivotal role
in maintaining a professional and welcoming environment.
- Front Desk Operations:
- Greet and assist visitors, faculty, staff, and students in a
friendly and professional manner.
- Serve as first point of contact to direct inquiries to
- Maintain a tidy and organized front desk area.
- Mailroom Management:
- Receive, sort, and distribute incoming mail and packages.
- Prepare outgoing mail and packages for shipment.
- Maintain cleanliness of the mailroom/kitchenette area and
Dean’s conference room.
- Administrative Support:
- Provide administrative assistance to Dean's Office staff as
- Assist with scheduling appointments, managing calendars and
conference room scheduling.
- Create classroom schedules for URBN Center classrooms.
- Prepare documents, meeting minutes, reports, and correspondence
- Provide back-up assistance with events.
- Information Resource:
- Serve as a source of information for college policies, events,
- Direct inquiries to appropriate college resources when
- Office Maintenance:
- Monitor and order office supplies, ensuring efficient office
- Coordinate maintenance and repair requests for facilities and
- Hire work-study students and student employees for Dean’s
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED and 1 year of combined
experience working in an office environment.
- Strong professional communication and interpersonal
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to maintaining a
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Proven experience in a receptionist or administrative support
role is a plus.
University City, Philadelphia PA
This position is classified as Non-exempt
, grade G.
Compensation for this grade ranges from $15.58 - $23.37. Please
note that the offered rate for this position typically aligns with
the minimum to midrange of this grade, but it can vary based on the
successful candidate’s qualifications and experience, department
budget, and an internal equity review.
We encourage you to explore Drexel's Professional Staff salary
structure and Compensation Guidelines
for more details on our compensation
You can also find valuable information about our benefits in the
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when
submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is
Nov 27 2023 Eastern Standard Time
Dec 27 2023 Eastern Standard Time