Salary for Announcement
We anticipate the qualified candidate to be placed between $57,600
- $76,900. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role
will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not
limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and
The above salary range represents the University’s good faith and
reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the
time of posting.
As MSU Denver seeks to be the national leader in educating students
for tomorrow’s careers, the Industry Partnerships team within the
Classroom to Career (C2) Hub is forward-thinking and ensures
programs are aligned to Colorado workforce development trends and
the Colorado Talent Pipeline report. With an ambitious goal of
engaging 100% of students in robust career planning in the next
three years, the University is committed to creating services that
are scaled, highly evaluated, and focused on the specific needs and
interests of MSU Denver students. To that end, successful team
members think critically about MSU Denver student demographics and
their respective career planning.
The Classroom to Career (C2) Hub is designed to create a more
permeable boundary between MSU Denver and industry leaders. The
Industry Partnerships team will strengthen and deepen our existing
partnerships in addition to developing new relationships with
The Associate Director will create and implement the strategic
initiatives related to industry partnerships as well as student
career development and readiness. This is inclusive of the
management of the work-based learning programs, internships, and
cooperative education agreements, and apprenticeships according to
industry trends and MSU Denver policies and practices. The role
will oversee and manage cross-functional projects of the Industry
Partnerships team broadly to ensure programs and activities are in
alignment with MSU Denver strategic priorities. The Associate
Director informs and guides the development of a campus-wide
Corporate Partnership strategy withAdvancement colleagues.
In collaboration with the Executive Director of Industry
Partnerships, the Associate Director will develop and execute
industry specific strategies for employer engagement and workforce
development. This role also supervises employees within the MSU
Denver’s Industry Partnerships team.
Leadership & Strategy (40%)
University-Industry Partnerships (40%)
- Work with campus and employer partners to lead the development
of pertinent upskilling programs and new workforce development
models within Health & Human Services industry cluster .
- Inform and guide the development of a campus-wide Corporate
Partnership strategy; Support the working relationship between the
C2 Hub and Advancement’s Corporate and Foundation Relations
- Provide direct supervision t o a team of industry navigators
- Build and prioritize collaborative relationships with academic
deans and leadership teams.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director of Industry
Partnerships in reporting and research related to specific industry
- Regularly consult with the Directors to support and execute C2
Hub strategic initiatives.
- Provide expert consultation to the industry partnership team to
ensure they are following best practices and provide strategic
direction to the campus-wide employer engagement strategy.
- Create and implement policies, practices, and expectations
related to interactions and follow-up with employers. Develop
procedures to implement that policy and monitor
Student Career Readiness (10%)
- Operationalize efficient systems and processes that support
credit-bearing work-based learning opportunities.
- Establish and strengthen strategic working relationships with
corporations, nonprofit organizations, and community-based
- Lead collaborative campus programs that expands the
professional network and social capital of MSU Denver students and
- Work with current and prospective employers to understand their
unique opportunities to partner with MSU Denver.
- Work with Director of Faculty Engagement and respective faculty
members to ensure learning objectives are integrated into
internship experiences ; Collaborate with appropriate faculty and
staff to manage affiliation agreements according to state and
institutional policies and practices.
- Conduct site visits with students, employers, and faculty
Assessment and Reporting (10%)
- Support career readiness programs through direct student
support and/or the supervision of programs.
- Provide industry-specific knowledge an d strengthen students’
opportunity network within respective workforce sectors.
- Develop key partnerships with faculty to bolster skills learned
in the classroom and connect to applied learning within industry
- Partner with campus offices to support career outcomes survey
and related success measures.
- Work with University Advancement to ensure information related
to corporate and foundation relations is accurate and delivered in
a timely fashion.
- Ensure regular communication and reporting between university
systems including Raiser’s Edge, Symplicity, and Student Success
- Ensure that the database procedures are adequately tracking and
reporting employer engagement data.
Important Note: Successful applicants will ensure their resumes
clearly demonstrate that their work experience describes how they
meet ALL required qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Experience supervising professional or student staff
- Experience in program development and implementation
- Client or employer relations experience
- Experience working in the Healthcare industry
- Experience working with industry leaders to ideate and execute
mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects or tasks while
adapting to changing priorities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management platforms
such as Salesforce, Handshake, or Symplicity.
- Entrepreneurial spirit; comfort with leading change
- Demonstrated management/administrative skills (for policy,
budget, supervisory, and program development and evaluation
- Experience with interviewing, hiring, and managing staff
including administering performance reviews.
- Knowledge of emerging trends and needs in the student
- Demonstrated experience working with and advocating for
racially, ethnically, and culturally diverse populations.
C2 HUB - IP
Instructions to Apply
- Monday through Friday 8:00-5:00. Some evenings and weekends
will be required.
- This position offers a hybrid schedule (on-campus and remote)
which is subject to change based on business needs.
For full consideration, please submit the following
- Cover letter describing relevant job experiences as they relate
to listed job qualifications and interest in the position
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for
If you are an Internal applicant, please apply via the Career
tab within the WorkDay Menu
Important Note: Successful applicants will ensure their
resumes clearly demonstrate that their work experience describes
how they meet ALL required qualifications.
Open Until Filled
Posting Representative Email
MSU Denver is pleased to offer our current and potential employees
a wide array of benefit options. To learn more, please visit the
Employee Benefits Offerings
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants
with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To
request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with
Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA
Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Metropolitan State University of Denver is a unique,
access-oriented campus community that values diversity, equity, and
inclusion in all its forms. Our student population consists of
nearly 58% first generation students and over 50% students of
color. We are a designated Hispanic Serving Institution located in
We create an equitable learning and working environment in concert
with individuals who consistently demonstrate commitment to equity
and inclusion. We greatly value the diverse identities and
perspectives of our students, faculty, and staff and recognize that
in order to achieve a just and equitable society, diversity must go
beyond simple representation. It requires critical inquiry and
dialogue and a commitment to action. We strive to provide a culture
of belonging for all community members to achieve personal and