Pima Community College
Pima Community College Named Top University/College Employer in
College Success Coach - STRIVE Online
PimaOnline – Northwest Campus
Rate of Pay:
Band 4 - $47,100 - $53,010
December 11th, 2023, 5:00 PM Arizona Time
The college success coach performs a variety of coaching services.
Assists and guides online students on decision-making processes for
academic, personal, and professional goal achievement. Serves as a
student advocate and collaborates with college stakeholders to
remove barriers, increase options, and support individual student
success. Uses project-directed data dashboards to monitor student
success in online courses to improve course completion and
persistence. This position reports to the StriveOnline Title V
The work schedule for this position is flexible and may include
working evenings and weekends.
Continued employment in the position is contingent upon
continued funding through designated external sources. This grant
is set to expire on 9/30/2028.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Using a strategic and consultative coaching approach, asks
high-impact questions to understand the online student’s top
performance challenge (academic or personal), identify its root
cause, co-create solutions, and implement a custom action plan
designed to improve performance and help students reach their
short-term/long-term academic, personal, and professional
- Monitors student academic progress in targeted online courses;
analyzes confidential student information; identifies issues and
discrepancies and formulates recommendations for the appropriate
action based on findings. Researches and recommends resolutions for
technically difficult and complex online student issues and
- Builds rapport and trust with online students to create a
connection and develop supportive relationships that inspire
students’ belief in themselves and a sense of belonging at
- Assists students with general information and acts as a student
liaison to the college by helping online students to navigate PCC’s
landscape, understand PCC’s policies and procedures, and connect to
faculty, their success network, support services, and college and
- Collaborates with team members, faculty, student affairs,
learning support, and other various departments to create, modify,
and support online student success efforts.
- Uses coaching and course success dashboards and other
technology to collect, analyze, and report data to assist with
improving online services and online course success
- Submit monthly reports to the StriveOnline Title V Grant
- Actively participates in professional learning opportunities
and stays current on the latest thinking and trends in the areas of
equity and inclusion, academic coaching, academic success skills,
online learning support, and online student success
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in related field of study and
- One to three years experience working directly with students in
an educational setting or related experience
- An equivalent combination of education and experience
sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job
such as those listed above
The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge, skills
- Three to five years of experience working directly with
students in an educational setting or related experience
- Knowledge of coaching, advising, and/or counseling practices as
well as college policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of online student success practices and
- Knowledge of internal and external customer service principles
- Knowledge of principles and methods for promoting programs and
- Knowledge and application of various instructional
- Skill in analyzing data and drawing conclusions.
- Skill in effective communication (both written and oral).
- Skill in organization, coordination and management.
- Skill in public speaking.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective and positive working