The Women’s Basketball Coach is a position responsible for
instructing student-athletes in the rules and fundamentals of
women’s basketball and determining the fundamental philosophy,
skills and techniques of our University’s basketball program, as
well as teaching individualized exercised-focus classes for the
general student body.
- Plans and implements the operation of the basketball
- Recruiting women basketball players;
- Share responsibility for administration/implementation of
- Maintains current knowledge and abides by Heartland Collegiate
Athletic Conference/National Collegiate Athletic Association
policies, rules, and procedures;
- Maintains necessary records;
- Monitors eligibility for women's basketball;
- Attends National Collegiate Athletic Association /Heartland
Collegiate Athletic Conference meetings, clinics, and
- Works closely with Sports Information;
- Maintains safety of players during games, practice,
- Purchases and maintains basketball equipment and uniforms;
- Makes travel arrangements;
- Schedules and organizes team related activities;
- Assists Director of Athletics in hiring assistant coaches;
- Assists Director of Athletics in hiring officials;
- Promotes players for recognition; Demonstrates integrity and
upholds the values and mission of the University;
- Maintains relationship with media to enhance the promotion of
- Supports total athletic program;
- Assists in weight room supervision;
- Supervise open gymnasium as needed and as permitted by National
Collegiate Athletic Association Bylaws for safety purposes;
- Event management as assigned by the Director of Athletics;
- Committee assignments and other duties appropriate to skills
and training as assigned by supervisors;
- Contribute to team effort by welcoming new and different work
requirements, exploring new opportunities to enhance the services
of the division, and helping others accomplish related job results
as and where needed; and
- Teach and oversee classes as assigned by the Chairperson of the
Exercise Science and Integrative Health department.
- Anticipated 20% travel to various unanticipated work locations
domestically and internationally required for recruiting efforts
and season commitments.
Required Skills and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology-Wellness Management, Sport
Administration or a closely related field (foreign degree equiv.
accepted) and two years of experience in any occupation in which
experience is gained.
- 2 years of experience in each of the following:
- Coaching basketball offensive and defensive positions;
- Season organization including proactive and retroactive
- Using, creating or implementing training and practice
- Front Rush Recruiting and Synergy Scouting;
- Working under Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference/National
Collegiate Athletic Association policies, rules, and procedures;
- Reviewing and managing an athletic team’s budget
- 1 year of experience in each of the following:
- Teaching in a classroom setting; and
- FITT principles.
- 4 years of college level play experience in basketball.
- Must have First Aid and CPR licenses.
Experience may be gained concurrently.
To apply, please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact
information with three professional references via Paycom.
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the
position is filled.
Please click here to review the University's policies on
E-Verify, Equal Opportunity, and Non-Discrimination.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer