Note for Current UM Employees
Current employees must apply internally via connectU >
Definition of Class
This position plans, coordinates and executes special and recurring
projects and programs. The incumbent reports to a Manager-level
position or higher.
Examples of Work Performed
- Coordinates and participates in assigned special and recurring
projects and programs to include planning, development,
implementation, and evaluation.
- Develops, with minimal guidance, new projects and programs from
oral instructions or brief descriptions.
- Coordinates the implementation and operation of assigned
projects and programs and provides guidance and instruction to
staff members and students assisting with project or program.
- Confers with University and external personnel in regard to
material to be prepared.
- Gathers data from records, reports and/or interviews and adapts
to proper styles of presentation.
- Prepares reports, news stories, bulletins, newsletters,
brochures, videos, presentations and/or other informational
material for internal and external distribution; including social
media online marketing efforts.
- Conducts internal needs assessment related to counselor
- Assists in research and developing programs related to training
and increased effectiveness.
- Serves as a liaison to internal and external constituents.
- Ensures all assigned tasks are in compliance with department,
University, Southeastern Conference, and NCAA rules and
- Performs related or similar duties as required or
The essential functions include, but are not limited to, the
following. Additional essential functions may be identified and
included by the hiring department.
- Coordinates and participates in the planning, development,
implementation and evaluation of programs and projects.
- Gathers and organizes data to prepare reports and/or
Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year accredited college or
Related experience may be substituted for education, on a basis set
forth and approved by the Department of Human Resources.
Interview Requirements: Any candidate who is called for an
interview must notify the Department of Equal
Opportunity/Regulatory Compliance in writing of any reasonable
accommodation needed prior to the date of the interview.
To learn more about our pay structure and view our salary ranges,
to visit the Compensation page of our Human Resources
website. This link is provided for general pay information. Hourly
rate or salary may vary depending on qualifications, experience,
and departmental budget. Note: Unclassified positions (faculty,
executives, researchers and coaches) do not have established salary
The University of Mississippi provides equal opportunity in any
employment practice, education program, or education activity to
all qualified persons. The University complies with all applicable
laws regarding equal opportunity and affirmative action and does
not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for
employment based upon race, color, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, citizenship,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic
Background Check Statement
The University of Mississippi is committed to providing a safe
campus community. UM conducts background investigations for
applicants being considered for employment. Background
investigations include a criminal history record check, and when
appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history