The Nutrition Program at the University of Cincinnati in the Department of Rehabilitation, Exercise and Nutrition Sciences is searching for a full-time tenure-track faculty, who will contribute to the department's research, teaching and service missions. This is a 9-month position with rank commensurate with education and experience. The preferred start date is 08/15/2024.
The Department of Rehabilitation, Exercise & Nutrition Science
The Department of Rehabilitation, Exercise & Nutrition Sciences (RENS) is one of four academic units in the College of Allied Health Sciences (CAHS). Our undergraduate Nutrition and Dietetics program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) and offers students several pathways to choose for completion of necessary training and requirements to be a registered dietitian nutritionist (RDN). Students can choose concentrations in sports nutrition or community nutrition while completing the DPD requirements in a 4-year undergraduate program. The program also offers a 5-year accelerated pathway to complete the BS degree plus MS degree in Nutrition Science coordinated with the supervised practice requirements for RDN examination eligibility. Students with a 4-year bachelor’s degree in a different field can complete DPD requirements in our Certificate Program in DPD and then apply to our MS Coordinated Program in Nutrition to complete training and requirements to take the national registration examination for the RDN. The Nutrition Program also offers a research track within the MS in Nutrition Science where students can complete theses or capstone research projects. Other programs within the RENS Department include an undergraduate Health Sciences program, which offers the degree of BS in Health Science with an emphasis in the concentrations of Pre-AT, Pre-Med, Pre-OT, Pre-PA, Pre-Pharm, Pre-PT and online completer programs in pre-OT and Health Sciences. The RENS department also offers graduate degrees in Master of Athletic Training, Doctor of Physical Therapy, Doctor of Occupational Therapy and a PhD program in Health and Rehabilitation Sciences. The department is housed in the brand-new Health Sciences Building located on the UC Medical Campus.
- This position is primarily responsible for advancing a personal research agenda, teaching in relevant content areas, and service to the RENS Department and to CAHS.
- Research activity includes, but is not limited to, the pursuit of funding, student mentorship, and dissemination of research findings.
- Teaching and service responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, course development, primary instruction of didactic courses; participation in student recruitment, retention, and admissions activities; participation in program committee work including program evaluation, accreditation tasks, and other activities as assigned by the Department Chair.
- Teaching responsibilities will be primarily in the Nutrition Program. While scholarship is central to this position, teaching and service activities are also required consistent with faculty evaluative criteria and the missions of the University, College, and Department.
- Registered dietitian nutritionist.
- PhD in Nutrition or related field.
- Experience in clinical nutrition.
- Demonstration of teaching experience of at least two years at the college level or equivalent.
- An equivalent of at least 3 years of relevant full-time work-related experience.
- Evidence of work toward establishing a defined line of research.
- Recent peer-reviewed publications and scholarly productivity.
- Potential for future extramural grant funding.
- Demonstrable plans for continued scholarly activity including the pursuit of external research funding.
- Current knowledge and skill in the use of computer technology and educational learning management systems.
- Evidence of strong organizational skills; strong interpersonal skills including communication, problem solving, counseling, conflict management, and follow-through.
- Demonstrated commitment to cultural diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Additional Qualifications Considered
- Interest and ability to collaborate with an interdisciplinary team.
- Evidence of an active research program as primary investigator.
- An equivalent of more than 4 years of relevant full-time work-related experience.
- Experience or training in Quality Improvement Methods.
- Experience with on-line teaching.
- Experience with mentoring research students.
- Active in professional activities at local, state, and/or national levels.
- History of or current research funding.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to assist with a variety of tasks as assigned by Department Chair or Program Director.
Please complete and online application. Applicants should submit:
- Cover letter describing qualifications and interest in the position.
- Current CV.
- Statement of teaching philosophy and research plan.
- A list of at least three professional references with contact information.
Please use the ‘Additional Documents’ option as needed for these documents.