Administrative Secretary to the College of Architecture, Visual
Arts and Design
The compensation for this appointment will range from $16.50 to
$18.95 hourly and reflects what California Baptist University
reasonably expects to pay for this staff appointment. Actual
compensation may vary based on the qualifications and experience of
the applicant, as well as market conditions. In addition to wages,
CBU offers a robust suite of employee
Position Summary Information
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Compiles and maintains administrative support and clerical work
of the University office activities by performing the following
Other duties may be assigned.
- Serves as main receptionist for faculty, students, and visitors
to the office.
- Screens incoming calls, and correspondence, and responds
independently when appropriate.
- Manages and independently schedules appointments, including
coordination of travel arrangements and coordination of CAVAD
events on university calendars.
- Coordinates and manages Dean’s office operations including
receiving and distributing mail, maintaining office supplies,
managing Dean’s office facilities, etc.
- Directs preparation of records such as agenda, notices,
minutes, and resolutions for meetings.
- Maintains department confidential files, documents and records
including Student files, Adjunct Files, records of keys, access
- Composes and prepares confidential correspondence, reports, and
other complex documents.
- Creates and maintains database and spreadsheet files of key
contacts, alumni, and companies
- Aids in preparing, administering, and recording development
- Composes and maintains comparative market research on programs
for curriculum review, program development, market analysis,
assessment, and or accreditation.
- Provides administrative support for accreditation visits and
- Provides administrative support for college programs in
general, and specifically for college and program events.
- Creates, and or assists, in producing and distributing
marketing materials for the college.
- Coordinates internal and external student recruitment efforts
- Serves as special project coordinator for the Dean’s
- Performs other duties that are specific to the College of
Architecture, Visual Art and Design.
This position could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving
direction to Part-time Student Workers, in order to complete office
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
Education and/or Experience
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software
- Thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general
office methods, procedures and practices.
- Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties
of the position.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Excellent telephone courtesy, knowledge and experience.
- Ability to relate positively and effectively with a diverse
faculty, staff and student body.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
High school diploma or general education degree ( GED ); or one to
three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Posting Detail Information
Remove from Web
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to
discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its
purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either
State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Required Documents Optional Documents
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Reference 1
- Letter of Reference 2
- Other Document
- Other Document 2