Founded in 1971 as the innovative campus of the State University
of New York (SUNY), Empire State University empowers learners from
diverse backgrounds to achieve their educational goals. We have
decades of experience providing educational access through online
teaching and learning, individualized instruction, mentoring, and
prior learning assessment. We build on our students' experiences to
promote their growth and drive upward mobility and economic
development in New York state and beyond. SUNY Empire's 97,000
alumni are teachers, nurses, entrepreneurs, and leaders in their
communities and their fields. Visit www.sunyempire.edu
and follow us on social media @SUNYEmpire.
SUNY Empire is committed to creating a multicultural, inclusive
academic and work environment. All qualified applicants receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran
status. We believe that having diverse faculty and staff is
critical to academic excellence and prepares students to live and
work in an increasingly global world.
Empire State University is currently seeking a Recruitment
and Retention Specialist in the Office of Human Resources. The
Recruitment and Retention Specialist (State Title: Personnel
Associate) will be responsible for working closely with the HR team
and university-wide staff throughout all of our locations in
managing the full cycle of employee recruitment and search
committee training and development. This position will also
take an active role in the development of a robust employee
appreciation program at the university. As a member of the
Office of Human Resources (OHR), this role will interact with
multiple departments in order to successfully manage and enhance
the University's employee recruitment program.
- Manage full cycle of employee recruitment process for
Professional, Faculty, Classified and Management Confidential
searches. This includes reviewing search requisitions,
posting jobs, guiding hiring managers and search committees,
reviewing search materials, communication with applicants and
closing out the search process.
- Partner with the Sr. HR Generalist and the Chief Diversity
Officer in ongoing review of recruitment policy development and
search committee procedures to ensure a continued promotion of
diversity, equity and inclusion through recruitment, search and
- Assist the Sr. HR Generalist with the development and delivery
of search committee training.
- Ongoing review and revision of recruitment policies and
procedures to ensure compliance with college, federal, NYS and SUNY
- Assist with ongoing review of recruitment partners with the
ability to make recommendations to the Sr. HR Generalist regarding
to new recruitment outlets and assisting with procurement process.
Proactive efforts in recruitment outside of the university;
researching job fairs and building external relationships with
various recruitment resources local to SUNY Empire locations, and
targeted outreach to HBCUs and to doctoral-granting
- Partner with the Office of Alumni Relations in utilizing the
university's large alumni network in recruitment
- Develop an employee referral program for the University.
- Assist with creating and administering an Employee
Appreciation, Recognition and Engagement program. This robust
program will identify and recognize outstanding employees who
regularly go above and beyond to support the university's mission
and goals. This program will also establish and connect
employees throughout the university together (virtually or
in-person) to foster camaraderie, employee satisfaction and a sense
- Assist the Sr. HR Generalist in the development of a career
advancement policy to ensure continuity of leadership talent across
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources
Management or related field.
- Three to five (3-5) years of experience Human Resources with a
background in recruitment, training, talent management or
- Working knowledge of Affirmative Action policy, Department of
Labor laws and regulations (OFCCP).
- Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously while
maintaining quality standards and meeting assigned deadlines.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Advanced degree in a directly related field.
- Experience in Higher Education.
- Experience within SUNY in a human resource related role.
- Prior employee appreciation and engagement experience.
- This position is located in Saratoga Springs, NY.
- Travel to university locations across NYS may be required.
- VISA sponsorship is not available for this position.
Rank/Salary: Management Confidential /
$60,000-$65,000, dependent on experience and
Empire State University is an EOE employer.
We are pleased to offer our employees an excellent benefit
package which includes; NYS health insurance, free dental and
vision, competitive retirement options, and generous vacation, sick
and holiday accruals; and a strong emphasis on work-life
balance. We also offer professional-development activities
for professionals and support staff.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE
ADA COORDINATOR AT (518) 587-2100, ext. 2240. IN ACCORDANCE WITH
THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME
STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2100,
ext. 2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY
WEBSITE AT www.sunyempire.edu/safety-security.
Applications Due By: Review of
applications will begin on January 2, 2024. Applications
accepted until position is filled.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please
submit the following documents, which are required for
consideration by clicking on the APPLY NOW button:
- Cover letter
- Name and contact information of three references
FAQ for using our online system. Please contact
us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Please click here to
login to your Empire State University Employment Account
to check your completed application or to update your account.