Provides administrative staff support to a university executive.
Organizes and coordinates activities of the unit.
- Drafts correspondence, memoranda, speeches, position papers,
program/grant proposals and other written documentation.
- Assists in organizing activities of the unit, such as retreats,
staff development, committee appointments, internship programs,
awards ceremonies, etc.
- Serves on committees and task forces as a representative of the
- Responds to information requests from internal and external
agencies and offices and conducts research to assist in policy and
- May collect information, and write and edit newsletter or news
bulletins for the unit.
- Participates in special projects and prepares a variety of
statistical reports as needed.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Position is located at UH at Sugar Land site and is eligible
for Alternative Work Arrangements.
- Open to internal and external applicants.
- Department is willing to accept experience in lieu of
- Applicants must include the following documents to be
considered: cover letter, resume, transcript, salary history, and
Bachelors and 3 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical
aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or
the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline.
Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal,
directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or
an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is
directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a
minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related
Additional Job Qualifications:
Notes to Applicant:
- Position will be assisting inquiries from students, employees
and public; applicant must be customer service driven
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of MS suite, specifically Word
and Excel, preferred
- Experience with special event coordination working in an
academic setting preferred
Position will be located at UH at Sugar
Land and is eligible for Alternative Work Arrangment.