Digital Marketing & Communications Specialist
Susquehanna University is the future-ready institution for today,
invested in cultivating intellectual grounding, active learning and
global citizenship for all students. Renowned as one of the finest
U.S. national liberal arts colleges, Susquehanna inspires and
challenges 2,200 enterprising, bright-minded students studying the
arts, business, humanities and sciences. Our students seize
opportunities through exceptional worldwide internships,
expert-guided research and an acclaimed study-abroad program,
leading to a transformative education that empowers each graduate
to realize their unique potential and lead a successful and
The Susquehanna River Valley with its fresh air and overall
pleasant year-round climate, provides four distinct seasons amidst
a backdrop of vibrant autumn foliage, occasional winter snowfalls,
flower-filled springs and warm summer evenings illuminated by
fireflies. Nearby outdoor recreational areas for hiking, kayaking,
fishing and skiing — and the bustling cultural and commerce hubs of
New York City, Washington D.C., Baltimore and Philadelphia within a
three-hour drive — present abundant opportunities for learning and
The Digital Marketing &
Communications Specialist, reports to the Digital Marketing &
Communications Manager, is responsible for contributing to the
enhancement of Susquehanna University's brand awareness within the
In streamlining digital communication strategies, the digital
marketing & communications specialist focuses on growing social
media engagement, developing effective content for the university
website, and maintaining app usability from concept to execution,
targeting current students, faculty, staff, alumni, parents and
prospective students and their families. This position is defined
as an exempt position under FLSA regulations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Seeks, writes and reviews content for university digital
marketing efforts on social media and web pages, coordinating
multimedia, such as photos and graphics.
- Contributes to content planning and creation, digital
storytelling and related strategies for the university's social
media and other digital communications (e.g., video, digital
- Maintains accuracy of web content and provides support to
website users. Works in conjunction with the Digital Marketing
& Communications Manager in assessing and fulfilling web help
- Collaborates with other members of the team to ensure the
posting of timely content on university social media platforms and
webpages. Reviews content and affects necessary changes, including
compliance with university style, accessibility and best
- Manage, design, develop and implement university social media
strategies and advertising campaigns across multiple digital
channels to grow engagement. Monitor, measure and regularly report
on the performance metrics of social media and using analytics to
extract value. Advise on optimizing content and design and revise
marketing tactics to boost engagement.
- Monitors, coordinates and engages in social media feedback and
comments. Stays current with news and happenings at the university;
monitors various platforms to gauge reactions; and assess threats -
notifying appropriate personnel.
- Collaborates with Digital Marketing & Communications
Manager to analyze effectiveness of university search engine
optimization on social media, the university website and YouTube
- Manages and maintains the university's online events
- Maintains a social media directory and amplifies advocacy by
providing trainings and resources to social media managers across
- Serves as an essential staff member for crisis management.
- Supervises and manages social media student staff
- Regularly identifies and evaluates new social technologies and
tools to keep the university at the forefront.
- Manages the optimization and effectiveness of the university's
YouTube Channel in collaboration with the Video Producer &
Developer - including the development and execution of paid
advertising with in-house team and/or external agencies.
- Contributes to the overall success of University Marketing and
Communications, and the university, by performing other duties and
responsibilities as needed.
- Knowledgeable in all fields of digital marketing, including
SEO, digital advertising, copy editing and web designing.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with an eye
for detail and accuracy. Strategic ability to tailor compelling
messages to diverse or targeted audiences.
- Collegial ability to work with contacts at all levels of the
university to drive growth. Dedicated to contributing to a team and
being of service to the institution broadly.
- Self-motivated with the ability to multitask and prioritize
duties to meet deadlines.
- Technical ability to utilize various software systems, such as
web content management, project management and photo
- Basic understanding of website and social media analytics and
how to affect change using them.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Basic photography and video editing skills are essential for
this position since photos are one of the main ways we interact
with our audience on social media.
Bachelor’s or associate degree in
communications, internet marketing, media arts, computer science or
related field or related experience required.
- 3 years of experience or 6 years of experience dependent upon
the level of degree attained
- Experience should be in a professional communication setting
and proven experience providing support to a website and social
media platforms required.
Special Instructions to the Applicant:
- Position requires the ability to sit for extended periods of
- Ability to move about the campus.
- Position requires the ability to talk and to hear instruction,
and use a computer, camera and mobile devices effectively
- Position requires the ability to occasionally lift up to 25
- Working conditions are most often indoors.
- Some nights, evenings, and weekends may be required.
Number of Months:
Other Number of Months:
Work Schedule/Hours per Week:
Open Until Filled:
Anticipated Start Date:
To apply, visit https://jobs.susqu.edu/postings/3710