About the Opportunity
The division of Information Technology Services is currently
seeking a talented individual to fill the role of Project Manager.
The Project manager role is to lead, oversee and ensure the
successful delivery and management of single or multiple projects
within scope, quality, time and cost constraints that may be
clearly defined or may require dynamic change management in order
to deliver business value. This role is a hybrid position and
requires coming into the Boston office 2-3 days a week.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, information
systems or related field; project management and/or general
business management, or equivalent related IT experience. PM
training and certification desirable, but not required.
Knowledge and Skills
- Three or more years of IT experience, with sensitivity and
commitment to business problem solving
- A minimum of two years of demonstrated competency in a junior
or assistant project management role involving the execution of
multiple projects or a large project
- Three or more years of BU or BU-facing experience, with
sensitivity and commitment to business problem solving
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team
- Demonstrated experience and ability in successfully utilizing
"soft skills" or "people skills"
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Ability to lead and motivate others; demonstrating empathy and
knowledge of personality types
- Familiar with project management methodologies (for example,
PMI and agile)
- Demonstrated sensitivity to working in a political environment
and to interacting with senior leadership
- Knowledge of project planning tools
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; expertise
in setting and managing customer expectations
- Distinctive blend of business, IT, financial and communication
skills, as this is a highly visible position with substantial
- Effective influencing and negotiating skills in an environment
where this role may not directly control resources
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the
ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust
- Good understanding of current and emerging technologies and how
other enterprises are employing them to drive digital business
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a project resource
plan that ensures that the right people are in the right place
doing the right things at the right time
- Analyze project proposals to determine time frame, funding
limitations and appropriate process for accomplishing
- Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones and
required activities and tasks.
- Provide leadership and motivation to project team members
throughout the project life cycle, and confer with project staff to
outline work plan.
- Establish work plan and staffing for project activities,
iterations or phases, and arrange for recruitment or assignment of
- Implement project communication plan.
- Perform risk assessment, and implement mitigation plans.
- Monitor project activities, ensuring the currency, quality and
integrity of the information, while providing consistency in
content and "look and feel" across the enterprise.
- Ensure that project goals are accomplished and in line with
- Assign duties, responsibilities and scope of authority to
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure
project progresses on schedule and within budget..
- Establish standards and procedures for project reporting and
- Continuously benchmark project management performance to
identify improvements and achieve higher capability maturity in
Northeastern University considers factors such as candidate work
experience, education and skills when extending an offer.
Northeastern has a comprehensive benefits package for benefit
eligible employees. This includes medical, vision, dental, paid
time off, tuition assistance, wellness & life, retirement- as
well as commuting & transportation. Visit https://hr.northeastern.edu/benefits/
for more information.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking
to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and
staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its
forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect
that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, religion,
color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability
status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and
support of diversity and inclusion, please see
To apply, visit https://northeastern.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Boston-MA-Main-Campus/Project-Manager_R119719