About the Opportunity
The Nurse Practitioner will function as an active and collaborative
member of the Northeastern University, University Health, and
Counseling Services (UHCS) team serving both undergraduate and
graduate students. The PA or NP provider delivers preventive care
and episodic care for acute and chronic diseases. Multiple
opportunities also exist to provide education to university
students through face-to-face interactions and campus activities.
The PA or NP participates in quality assessment of the work of the
health center, collaborates with the health care team, and serves
as a resource to the nurses and medical assistants.
This is a full-time position, 35 hours per week. Four days a week
or five days a week schedule may be possible. There are no on-call
responsibilities. The schedule will include at least one evening
per week and one Saturday (12pm-4pm) per month and a rotating
schedule over holidays. Other shifts may also be available.
- Certificate of Registration as Physician Assistant or Nurse
Practitioner in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts (For Physician
Assistant - bachelor's degree and graduation from Physician Asst.
training program certified by the Board of Registration of
Physician Assistants and passing of the certifying examination of
the National Commission on Certification of Physician
- Massachusetts and Federal DEA certificates are
- Prior experience in primary care, particularly in student
health, is highly desirable.
- Prior experience in gender-affirming care is highly
- Previous triage experience for acute medical issues is
- Excellent interpersonal skills to include effective
interviewing and counseling skills.
- Must be able to use tact, discretion, and sensitivity in
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to work cooperatively with all University Health
and Counseling Center staff and community-based hospitals and
health care providers.
- Is engaged in lifelong learning and provides evidence-based
care to all students.
- Direct clinical service including acute and chronic care,
health screening and education.
- Provides direct clinical care to patients within established
- Performs history and physical examinations, formulation of care
plans, ordering and interpreting laboratory and diagnostic tests,
and provides education to students, blood draws, and
- Prescribes medication or other forms of treatment, inhalation
therapy, or related therapeutic procedures.
- Document clinical encounters via an EMR clearly, precisely, and
in a timely manner.
- Follows established protocols and consults with supervising
physician when appropriate.
- Provides medical advice and information to students during each
visit to ensure understanding of their condition and
- Refers students to emergency services or specialty providers
- Consults with specialists or outside providers regarding
student information and treatment.
Northeastern University considers factors such as candidate work
experience, education and skills when extending an offer.
Northeastern has a comprehensive benefits package for benefit
eligible employees. This includes medical, vision, dental, paid
time off, tuition assistance, wellness & life, retirement- as
well as commuting & transportation. Visit https://hr.northeastern.edu/benefits/
for more information.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking
to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and
staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its
forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect
that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, religion,
color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability
status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and
support of diversity and inclusion, please see
To apply, visit https://northeastern.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Boston-MA-Main-Campus/Nurse-Practitioner_R119622