This is a 10-month position (August through May).
Summary of Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for coordinating special projects for the College of Science, Engineering, and Technology. Specifically, this position will focus on revenue-generating academic programs and student recruitment initiatives.
- Teach up to three (3) courses in chosen field, preferably within the JCSET, per year (if assigned)
- Work with the college and departments in student recruitment, retention and diversity & inclusion initiatives
- Serve on the collegiate leadership team, working directly with the Dean's office and all department
- Work with Branding and Marketing strategies for new initiatives and programs
- Work with dean, assistant dean and chairs on identification of revenue-generating academic programs
- Once identified, work with faculty members on assisting with new course(s) preparation
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education Requirements:
Master's degree is required.
Minimum Experience and Skill Requirements:
- One year of experience managing projects is required.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple constituencies; strong team building, negotiation and consensus building skills; strong oral and written communication skills is required.
- Integrity, high ethical standards, and demonstrated record of treating others with respect and dignity; good organizational skills and the ability to self-direct and work independently is required.
- An understanding of the entrepreneurial process, knowledge of computers, software, online learning platforms and webpage development is required.
- Familiarity and comfort level with regional public schools and community colleges is required.
- May require some travel and evening/weekend work.
- Ability effectively handle multiple priorities is required.
Preferred Education and/or Experience Qualifications:
- Degree within a field of experience in the Jesse D. Jones College of Science, Engineering and Technology is preferred.
- Two years of experience working in a professional, customer-oriented environment, preferably in higher education, and experience in project coordination/management preferred.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Murray State University is an equal education and employment opportunity, M/F/D, AA employer.