Dental Hygiene Instructor (Evergreen Posting)
Primary Purpose and Essential Functions:
The Dental Hygiene Program at University of the Pacific, Arthur A.
Dugoni School of Dentistry, invites applicants to apply for a
part-time, instructor, up to 2 days per week, position. Instructors
are responsible for providing content in preclinical skills and
supervision and instruction for patient care in the clinic
1. Instruction in the pre-clinical curriculum and teaching patient
2. Supervise/instruct students providing clinical patient
3. Provide student feedback in verbal and written form using a
4. Participate in mandatory faculty calibration and faculty
5. Engage broadly in other school, university, professional and
community service opportunities.
6. Contribute to the Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry culture
of humanism and diversity.
1. Minimum of 2 years clinical practice.
2. Current California RDH or DDS license.
3. Current and valid CPR certification
4. Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population of
patients, students, staff, faculty and administration.
5. Ability to work collaboratively in a group setting.
6. Demonstrate professional judgement in all situations.
GENERAL: Faculty should have sufficient motor function to execute
movements essential to providing oral health care to
SPECIFIC: Must possess the motor skills to perform palpation,
percussion, screening tests, other diagnostic maneuvers, scaling,
root debridement, polishing and sealant placement in a timely
manner. Such actions require coordination of gross and fine motor
movements, equilibrium and functional uses of the senses of touch
Must be able to perform basic life support including CPR, position
and reposition patients with disabilities and maintain sitting and
standing positions for a prolonged period. Must be able to operate
dental unit controls, use slow speed hand pieces for procedures and
used hand instruments effectively.
To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/25899
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal
opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In
compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is
committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff
and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in
the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff
on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry,
age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and
veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy,
gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical