Assistant/Associate/Professor (Tenure Track)
Primary Purpose and Essential Functions:
The Doctor of Audiology Program (AuD) at University of the Pacific,
School of Health Sciences, in San Francisco, California invites
applicants to apply for a full-time, eleven (11) month
Assistant/Associate/Professor position. Faculty rank is contingent
upon qualifications and experience.
The AuD program at UoP prepares students to enter the profession
with exceptional practice readiness, leadership potential, and a
humanistic approach to patient care. The curriculum is a rigorous,
three (3) year accelerated course of study, accredited by both the
Accreditation Commission for Audiology Education and the Council
for Academic Accreditation.
The successful faculty candidate will be part of a highly
motivated, cohesive faculty of experienced educators and clinicians
who work as an interdisciplinary team to achieve a high level of
student success and patient care. The successful candidate will
work with these and other faculty members in the School of Health
Sciences to provide effort and expertise that contribute to shared
achievements. This position will report to the AuD Department
- Teaching and Advising:
- Instruction and education facilitation in areas of knowledge
- Clinical supervision and precepting.
- Academic advising and career mentorship.
- Participation in curriculum assessment and development.
- Development and/or expansion of a line of scholarly
- Mentoring student research.
- Dissemination of scholarly work through publications and
participation at regional and national conferences.
Other duties as assigned.
- Supporting the Program, School and University missions through
committee work, leadership, and faculty governance.
- Effort and activities that promote pride in the Program,
School, and University, such as faculty development activities,
student-faculty functions, graduation, and white coat
- Professional service not subject to peer review.
- Service in professional organizations at all levels.
University of the Pacific recognizes that diversity, equity, and
inclusion is foundational to the success of our valued students and
employees. We prioritize policy and decision-making that
demonstrates awareness of, and responsiveness to, the ways
socio-cultural forces related to race, gender, ability, sexuality,
socio-economic status, etc. impede or propel students, faculty, and
- Ph.D. or currently enrolled in a Ph.D. program with a projected
graduation date of 2023.
- Au.D., or an equivalent combination of education and experience
prior to implementation of AuD (i.e., Master’s degree), or a third
(3rd) or fourth (4th) year audiology extern currently enrolled in
Au.D. program with a projected graduation date of 2023.
- Current, temporary, or permanent California Audiologist license
or a Provisional Audiologist license and full licensure within
three (3) months of hire.
- Research and/or expertise in the vestibular system and balance
- Previous student supervision and teaching.
- Current California Dispensing Audiologist License.
- Experience and sensitivity in working with people of diverse
backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated experience in advancing social justice, equity,
and inclusion in a university setting.
- Ability to engage and integrate culturally responsive practices
and knowledge in their work.
The physical demands described here are representative but not
definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist
motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional
standing, walking across campus, climbing stairs, bending,
stooping, and reaching. Occasional lifting to twenty-five (25)
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment during
standard business hours. Schedule is dependent on the course and
Please note applicants will be required to upload a CV and cover
letter to their online application. Optional Documents include a
resume. Additionally, applicants are required to provide complete
contact information (name, email and phone number) for two (2)
references who will receive an e-mail request to upload their
letters of recommendation.
To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/27163
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal
opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In
compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is
committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff
and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in
the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff
on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry,
age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and
veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy,
gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical