Under the supervision of the Insurance Department Manager,
processes insurance claims and performs other related duties to
include auditing of patient charts, posting of insurance payments,
and collections referrals.
University of the Pacific recognizes that diversity, equity, and
inclusion is foundational to the success of our valued students and
employees. We prioritize policy and decision-making that
demonstrates awareness of, and responsiveness to, the ways
socio-cultural forces related to race, gender, ability, sexuality,
socio-economic status, etc. impede or propel students, faculty, and
- Perform daily audit of all patient health records to ensure
financial accuracy and the presence of complete treatment
documentation; initiate process of necessary corrections and
communicate errors to the appropriate student, faculty, or staff
member; request additional information and/or documentation as
- Prepare and generate insurance claims for hard copy submission
or batch electronic claims for electronic submission.
- Respond to requests from insurance companies for additional
information and/or required documentation for pending claims; work
with appropriate personnel to facilitate resolution.
- Post and allocate insurance payments timely and accurately
based on explanation of benefits.
- Initiate refund requests to insurance companies due to
incorrect processing of claims. Accurately process all financial
recoups in a timely manner with thorough documentation.
- Generate and review accounts receivables reports; analyze
information to determine appropriate financial write offs and
adjustments, validity of insurance denial reasons, and patient
financial responsibility; determine collectable balances and
resolve appropriately; identify, audit, and refer delinquent
accounts for collections.
- Review documentation and claims for accuracy in order to
facilitate timely reimbursement of claims to include but not
limited to private and government insurance programs, patient
contracts, and special grant projects.
- Communicate insurance and policy requirement and regulations,
reference materials and CDT updates to appropriate personnel;
collaborate with internal and external clinics to establish
constructive methods and procedures.
- Assist and provide guidance to students, residents, faculty,
and staff regarding efficient and compliant CDT coding.
- Support processing needs of special grant programs and special
discounts offered annually during mock boards.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Insurance
- Advanced public and private dental/medical insurance billing or
general accounting policies and procedures.
- Basic accounting/billing procedures.
- Intermediate level dental and medical terminology and treatment
- Electronic health records software.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Manage multiple job priorities and tasks efficiently,
effectively and accurately while demonstrating close attention to
- Communicate professionally and courteously with faculty,
residents, students, patients and staff.
- Maintain confidentiality of materials and information.
- Research and/or resolve financial conflicts with insurance
companies and patient accounts.
- Support and contribute to a positive and productive team
- Minimum of two years insurance billing in a high volume dental
- Minimum of six months processing public dental insurance
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Position is 7.5 hours per day, five days per week, Monday
- Vocational or other training in the dental field highly
The physical demands described here are representative but not
definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job.
- Work performed is primarily general office/administrative with
frequent use of computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone; requires
sitting majority of the working day.
- Occasional reaching, bending, standing and walking.
32.66 per hour
Background Check Statement:
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are
required to execute a release and authorization for a background
To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/26167
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal
opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In
compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is
committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff
and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in
the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff
on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry,
age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and
veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy,
gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical