Assistant Program Director and Assistant/Associate Clinical
Primary Purpose and Essential Functions:
The School of Health Sciences at the University of the Pacific
invites applicants for a full-time, Assistant or Associate faculty
and Assistant Program Director for the MSW Program in the
Department of Social Work. This is a multi-faceted position with
both administrative and teaching responsibilities. The successful
applicant will be responsible for assisting with course development
and content expertise in the area of behavioral health for a new
expansion of the MSW program. The accelerated MSW program currently
offers a specialization in healthcare and is seeking to begin a
behavioral health specialization. The curriculum is designed to
meet the competency-based educational model of the Council on
Social Work Education.
The successful candidate will work in collaboration with the Chair
and Program Director, other faculty members, and staff within the
program to provide expertise and contribute to a collaborative
working environment. This position will report directly to the MSW
Chair and Program Director.
Assistant/Associate Clinical Professor Responsibilities
Create a student-centered learning environment.
Prepare lecture capture PowerPoints, videos, course content,
and other media rich technologies for effective teaching.
Engage regularly with students in online forums, discussion
boards, and virtual meetings.
Grade learning activities and provide timely constructive
Mentor student-directed scholarly work.
Provide academic advising and professional mentorship.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Assistant Program Director Responsibilities
- Teach or co-teach online, hybrid, or online courses in areas of
expertise using innovative teaching modalities.
- Create or co-create online, hybrid, or in-person course content
and materials in areas of expertise using innovative teaching
modalities, including but not limited to:
- Course syllabus
- Reading assignments
- Outlines and scripts for videos, voice-over presentations,
podcasts, and similar
- Quizzes and exams
- Discussion boards
- Student guidance
- Other teaching materials
- In collaboration with Graduate Enrollment office, ensures
recruitment of students to the program.
- Assist in recruiting and developing faculty with emphasis in
- In collaboration with Director of Field Education, recruit new
field placement sites to support program growth.
- Maintain current EPAS requirements through CSWE, assisting with
accreditation related matters.
- In collaboration with faculty, plan, develop, and evaluate all
courses and the overall curriculum.
- Working with Program Director, oversee management of grant
budget and manage grant resources ethically and responsible in
accordance with University and School policy.
- Provides leadership through teaching, scholarship, curriculum
development, administrative experience, and other academic and
professional activities in social work.
- Teach required courses in the curriculum in areas of expertise,
using innovative instruction and technology in the development and
delivery of the curriculum.
- Maintain professional competence through practice, continuing
education, scholarship and community service.
- Serves on committees and task forces, represent the program to
the community and health and behavioral health organizations.
University of the Pacific recognizes that diversity, equity, and
inclusion is foundational to the success of our valued students and
employees. We prioritizes policy and decision-making that
demonstrates awareness of, and responsiveness to, the ways
socio-cultural forces related to race, gender, ability, sexuality,
socio-economic status, etc. impede or propel students, faculty and
- MSW degree from a CSWE-accredited program.
- At least two (2) years of post-MSW practice experience in
Emphasis on social justice oriented social work practice in
teaching and professional work.
Ability to communicate effectively through oral and written
Computer and online systems literacy.
Experience building community relationships.
Experience with public speaking in the community
Comfortability with educational technology (learning management
systems, presentations, asynchronous learning).
Relationship-building and community knowledge of
Strong knowledge, skills and experience in working with diverse
students and client/patient populations.
Awareness and sensitivity to the educational goals of a
multicultural population through cross-cultural study, training,
teaching, and other professional experiences.
Desire for personal growth and development as an educator,
including teaching, scholarship, and service throughout one’s
Ability to work as a team with administrators, fellow faculty,
staff, and students.
Knowledge, skills, and experience in working with diverse
Experience and sensitivity in working with people of diverse
backgrounds and cultures.
Demonstrated experience in advancing social justice, equity,
and inclusion in a university setting.
Ability to engage and integrate culturally responsive practices
and knowledge in their work.
- PhD or doctoral degree in social work or related field.
- Clinical social work licensure or eligibility for
- Academic experience in bachelor or graduate level social work
- Experience with developing and providing didactic lectures and
clinical skills training to master’s level social work
- Experience with online pedagogy, including synchronous and
- Familiarity with Canvas, Zoom and other systems and tools for
course management and online learning.
- Ability to create materials for in-person and online learning
using diverse teaching methods that support student
- Experience with interprofessional healthcare practice and
- Clinical supervision experience with MSW students and
- Practice specialization in one or more of the following areas:
- Behavioral health
- Community mental health
- Integrated behavioral health care
The physical demands described here are representative but not
definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Schedule is dependent on the course and department needs.
This position will remain open until filled.
To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/27168
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal
opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In
compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is
committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff
and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in
the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff
on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry,
age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and
veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy,
gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical