Digital Media Technology Services Live Events Technician
The Digital Media Technology Services Live Events Technician I
position is responsible for AV technical support to the University
community for live events technology coordination, setup,
operation, and tear down. They generate SOPs and set-up
documentations for proper AV delivery of live events. In addition
to events support, this position includes vendor and customer
interaction in the evaluation, technical design and implementation
of AV projects that advance the state of digital media technology
at the University.
- Coordinates and Operates all audio and/or video elements per
- Complete set up of production equipment, including audio,
video, lighting and scenic equipment, as needed.
- Lead audio/video tech rehearsals prior to event with the
- Maintain design integrity and quality throughout event
including proper operational checks prior to event.
- Set up and strike event space by moving equipment (furniture,
staging, linens, dance floors and other AV equipment as necessary)
to and from storage or production areas, loading docks, delivery
vehicles or containers by hand, dollies and/or other
- Properly and thoroughly clean technology area prior, after
and/or during events.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of dedicated storage
areas of all equipment and inventory.
- Employ continual maintenance of equipment and equipment/supply
- Ensure University standards of health, safety, and sanitation
- Report breakage, damage, leaks, issues and/or other needs as
they arise in all venues.
- Log support requests and issues reported into a central
database and maintain their updates.
- Recommend permanent AV technology installations to DMTS
- Assist DMTS engineers in the deployment of permanent AV
- Assist in consultation, and provide services in the design,
creation, and delivery of digital media when applicable.
- Generate reports and contribute to the implementation of
permanent resolution to identified problems.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
University of the Pacific recognizes that diversity, equity, and
inclusion is foundational to the success of our valued students and
employees. We prioritize policy and decision-making that
demonstrates awareness of, and responsiveness to, the ways
socio-cultural forces related to race, gender, ability, sexuality,
socio-economic status, etc. impede or propel students, faculty, and
- High School Diploma and 60+ credit hours of continuing
- One (1) year of overall audiovisual live events experience as a
hands on technician.
- One (1) year of small-scale live events technology coordination
- AVIXA CTS Certification.
- Experienced in supporting Crestron, DM, Zoom, MS Teams. CAD,
software, MSOffice, MSProject, MSVisio, Tri-caster, Black Magic
Designs, Lumens Camera Systems, DMX lighting controller,
- ITIL Certification.
- Ability to provide hands-on support and troubleshoot digital
media live events technology systems.
- Ability to comfortably discuss computing topics with varying
levels of personnel from student to senior management.
- Ability to set-up and operate live events audio system(s):
(Voice-Lift, Microphone, amplifiers, speakers, sound board)
- Ability to set-up and operate live streaming hardware:
(Tri-caster, Black Magic and Camera control systems).
- Ability to set-up and operate of web-conference meeting
software and hardware such as Zoom and Teams.
- Understanding and deployment of different network connectivity
for live events AV: (AVB, Dante, VLAN, subnets, RTSP, Video
- Solid written communication skills with the ability to write
technical documentation or manuals.
- Must be able to manage projects and be familiar with project
- Adept at reading and interpreting technical documentation and
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and analytical
and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to conduct research into emerging technology issues and
- Exceptional communication skills including interacting
regularly with Live events coordinators, electricians, other
- Ability to maintain a professional and positive attitude in a
fast-paced creative environment
- Demonstrated ability to work without direct supervision.
- Experience working in a team-oriented collaborative
- Experience and sensitivity in working with people of diverse
backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated experience in advancing social justice, equity,
and inclusion in a university setting.
- Ability to engage and integrate culturally responsive practices
and knowledge in their work.
The physical demands described here are representative but not
definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Constant sitting and computer usage, frequent walking and standing
required. Require lifting, occasional bending, stooping, squatting
to move AV equipment around campus. Simple grasping, frequent use
of computer keyboard. Proper use of hand tools. Ability to lift up
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Primarily office setting, AV closets and /or data center with
exposure to noise and cooler temperatures. Work performed during
standard business hours. May be required to work on occasional
evenings, weekends and holidays based on University events needs.
Travel may be required to other campuses, meetings or
Valid driver’s license required. Incumbent must also be able to
meet the University’s fleet rules and be eligible to drive for
University business. The University and its insurance carrier
reserves the right to exclude applicants based on their driving
$23.90 - $31.67 per hour. We consider factors
such as, but not limited to, scope and responsibilities of the
position, candidate’s qualifications, internal equity, as well as
market and organizational considerations when extending an
Background Check Statement:
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are
required to execute a release and authorization for a background
To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/27263
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal
opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In
compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is
committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff
and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in
the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff
on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry,
age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and
veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy,
gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical