Technical Support Specialist II
The Technical Support Specialist II is responsible for first and
second tier technical support to the University community, sets-up,
configures, troubleshoots and supports end-users when utilizing
servers, applications, desktops, and peripherals; generates written
resolutions in central database/knowledge repository; and provides
bypass and recovery of issues reported to them.
- Provides high level of customer service to University community
during resolution of technical issues.
- Communicates clearly and effectively with users of varying
levels of expertise.
- Installs, configures and maintains hardware, software and
peripherals for both workstation and servers within University
- Serves at Customer Support Center intake desk to receive
support requests in person, by phone or through other
- Serves as an escalation point for second tier support.
- Logs each request received into the Pacific Technology Incident
& Issue Management System, maintains updates, and follows up to
ensure customer satisfaction.
- Troubleshoots hardware and software issues in a professional
and expedient manner.
- Assists with hiring and training technical students.
- Works on special projects as needed (major systems upgrades,
new OS installs, etc.).
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
University of the Pacific recognizes that diversity, equity, and
inclusion is foundational to the success of our valued students and
employees. We prioritize policy and decision-making that
demonstrates awareness of, and responsiveness to, the ways
socio-cultural forces related to race, gender, ability, sexuality,
socio-economic status, etc. impede or propel students, faculty, and
- High School Diploma and sixty plus (60+) credit hours of
- Three (3) years of experience with computer hardware and
- Net+ or equivalent certification.
- Associate’s Degree in computer science or related field.
- Experience in Customer Service environment.
Skills/Knowledge and Expertise:
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of computer application
support, equipment maintenance and repair, customer service skills
for a Help Desk environment, network installations/operations,
server or computer management and support, systematic
troubleshooting, cable installation and system security.
- Proficiency in and knowledge of desktop operating systems:
Microsoft Windows, Apple OSX and productivity software (Word,
Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) required. Knowledge of Apple and Linux
- Proficiency in ServiceNow Incident Management System.
- Intermediate Jamf (Mac), SCCM, and Active Directory
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to establish and maintain effective
working relationships with others.
- Positive attitude, proven ability to work successfully with
diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and
enhance diversity and inclusion.
- Experience and sensitivity in working with people of diverse
backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated experience in advancing social justice, equity,
and inclusion in a university setting.
- Ability to engage and integrate culturally responsive practices
and knowledge in their work.
The physical demands described here are representative but not
definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Extended periods of sitting with repetitive hand/wrist motion while
keying on computer or using phone. Simple grasping. Frequent
walking and standing required. May require occasional bending,
stooping, squatting, reaching and occasional climbing of stairs.
Ability to lift/carry up to twenty-five (25) lbs.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment and/or
machine room with exposure to noise and cooler temperatures. Work
performed during business hours that may vary between the hours of
7:00AM-9:00PM, M-F, occasional overtime, afterhours and/or weekend
availability may be required to meet business deadlines. Occasional
$23.90 - $31.67 per hour. We consider factors
such as, but not limited to, scope and responsibilities of the
position, candidate’s qualifications, internal equity, as well as
market and organizational considerations when extending an
Background Check Statement:
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are
required to execute a release and authorization for a background
To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/27250
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal
opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In
compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is
committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff
and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in
the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff
on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry,
age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and
veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy,
gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical