Emporia State University invites nominations and applications for the position of Associate Dean in the School of Business & Technology with an expected start date of on or before July 1, 2024.
The School will consider qualified candidates from among current School faculty or from candidates who can teach courses from among the disciplines represented in the School.
The Associate Dean reports directly to the Dean of the School of Business & Technology and is a member of the senior administrative staff of the School. They will provide senior-level administrative expertise to the Dean, Assistant Dean, and Director(s) on a routine basis.
In coordination with the Dean's activities, they represent the School in University venues, participates in University committees and other institutional activities, and champions School issues across the University community while being the School’s main point of contact internally to the School’s stakeholders.
- The Associate Dean will provide leadership, strategic direction and operational support for graduate programs in the School. Efforts include creating a student-friendly and supportive environment from the time students are recruited to the School until graduation and placement with employers.
- The position will work closely with key stakeholders to ensure curriculum, program, learning goals, and related activities meet with various constituent’s expectations.
- Further, they will support the Dean in all efforts in relation to accreditation for AACSB, ABET, and support the University in regional accreditation activities.
- They will ably and professionally represent the School in a variety of settings, including the development of international partnerships.
- They will be flexible and provide innovative philosophies to adopt other duties as assigned, for example developing community learning development opportunities.
- This 12-month appointment requires a teaching load of three courses per calendar year.
- The position requires an earned doctorate from a professionally-accredited school in a business program or closely related field and meeting an appropriate AACSB faculty qualification.
- Candidates must have an established record of teaching, scholarship, and service meriting appointment at the rank of associate professor or higher.
- Candidates must have a personal and professional commitment to the mission, vision, and values of Emporia State’s AACSB-accredited School of Business & Technology.
- Candidates must have experience with AACSB accreditation.
- Other characteristics include strong leadership, collaborative, and supervisory skills, and the ability to work with diverse groups internal and external to the School.
- Two or more years of administrative experience as associate or assistant dean, department chair, or program director in a school of business is preferred.
- Experience with the 2020 AACSB accreditation standards is a plus.
- Salary is commensurate based on experience and/or degree.
- Emporia State University offers a generous benefit package. Find out more about our health benefits, retirement options, paid time off, dependent and spouse tuition waiver program, and many other benefits at this link.
To apply, upload a letter of interest, resume, unofficial college transcripts and contact information for at least three professional references here.
Screening will begin December 15, 2023 and will continue until the position is filled.
A background check and official transcripts are required prior to hire.
For more information
Emporia State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other factors which cannot be considered by law.