A.T. Still University's Missouri School of Dentistry & Oral
Health (ATSU-MOSDOH) is seeking an exempt Comprehensive Care Unit
(CCU) Director - Assistant Professor at the St. Louis Dental
Center. This position reports to the Vice Dean of Clinical
Education, Operations and Community Partnerships. The CCU Director
is responsible for managing and mentoring MOSDOH students in the
Comprehensive Care Unit (CCU) to assure attainment of predoctoral
clinical competency in all dental areas.
Major Job Duties
- Manage D3 and D4 students as they develop and work through
patient treatment plans, achieve educational goals, and attain
- Maintain Standards of Care and ensure continuity of care for
all patients in the CCU.
- Communicate and manage adjunct faculty in the clinic as to
educational goals, essential experiences, and competencies.
- Assist with development and maintenance of accreditation and
clinic quality assurance and continuous quality improvement
- Conduct daily/weekly/monthly meetings with students, faculty,
and staff to review issues/plans/events and student
- Work with staff, faculty, and administration in St. Louis and
Kirksville to train adjunct faculty to achieve clinical
- Provide direction over the dental assistant(s) and Patient
Service Advocates and contribute to performance review evaluations
in conjunction with the Vice Dean of Clinical Education, Operations
and Community Partnerships.
- Coordinate with Vice Dean of Clinical Education, Operations and
Community Partnerships for staff leave (vacation, medical) and
clinic floor coverage.
- Complete administrative reports as needed and all ATSU required
employee training (RET).
- Track student progress and collaborate with specialty Directors
and with the Vice Dean of Clinical Education, Operations and
Community Partnerships on student deficiencies.
- Provide timely counsel to students.
- Assure patient, student, and staff safety and
- Perform dental procedures on patients as needed.
- Monitor case completion of student treatment.
- Serve on University/MOSDOH and GHHC committees as
- Support/participate in an after-hours emergency care
- Conduct annual performance evaluations for adjunct
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Vice Dean of
Clinical Education, Operations and Community Partnerships.
- Programs or Services-Pre-Doctoral Dental Program.
- Assure comprehensive care and continuity of care.
- Promote and support the General Dental Practice Model.
- Must communicate student status, equipment and materials issues
related to the seamless delivery of the dental curriculum.
- Must mentor and monitor students working on live patients.
- DDS or DMD required.
- At least five years experience in a dental teaching
- At least five years experience in private practice where
dentistry is performed.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to be self-directed and take the initiative.
- Must be highly skilled in general dentistry.
- Excellent communication.
- Adaptable and motivated.
- Able to work independently.
- Team oriented, strong mentor and personable.
- Excellent leadership skills.
ATSU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical,
dental, and vision coverages, among more. If eligible,
employee-elected benefits would begin the first of the month
following hire date. For more information, please visit: atsu.edu/employment/benefits