Job Summary/Basic Function
Coordinate all aspects of financial aid disbursement and student
refunding. Monitor holds, complete assigned reconciliations, and
journal entries. Serve as backup to other fiscal technicians in the
office. Provide superior customer service to students, parents, and
Located in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, Millersville University
of Pennsylvania is one of the 14 public universities of
Pennsylvania’s State System of Higher Education. Our pillars of
distinction include exceptionally strong student-faculty
relationships, numerous programs of distinction, a beautiful campus
and vibrant location, and successful job placement for our
students. Our students’ success, both inside and outside of the
classroom, is our highest priority, and we provide numerous
opportunities to facilitate their academic, personal, and social
growth and development. Almost 70 baccalaureate programs are
available for our 6,250 students to find their path. Several of our
programs are multidisciplinary in nature, combining science,
technology, and art to create a more progressive degree. We have
over 950 graduate students enrolled in 21 master’s and 3 doctoral
programs. Our faculty are highly respected in their fields and
dedicated to the success of students in the classroom, research
labs, and in campus life. Over 66,000 alumni live in all 50 states
and in 72 countries around the world. We seek individuals who
embrace and value our EPPIIC values of exploration, public mission,
professionalism, inclusion, integrity, and compassion.
Annual Salary Range:
$44,010.00 plus comprehensive benefits
starting on the first day of employment, including:
- Health insurance – Low bi-weekly premium. Employees pay
5% of bi-weekly salary for benefit coverage with ability to pay
2.5% when participating in the wellness program.
- Dental insurance – Coverage is free to employee and
dependents after 90 days
- Vision insurance – Coverage is free to employee and
dependents after 90 days.
- Group life insurance – equal to annual salary (up to
$40,000.00) at no cost to the employee
- Retirement – 2 plans to choose from
- Tuition waiver – employee, spouse, and dependents are
- Vacation leave – up to 11 days accrued per year for
first 3 years, increases to 19 days per year after 3 years
- Sick leave – up to 11 days accrued per year, including
up to 5 days per year that can be taken to care for a family
- Holiday leave – Up to 12 days per calendar year
The State System Employee Benefits Summary can be found at
At Millersville University we are committed to fostering a learning
and working environment that promotes the intersectionality of
diversity to foster a climate of inclusion. Employing our EPPIIC
values and the principles of Inclusive Excellence, we hold that an
inclusive community is a core value that is an essential part of
the foundation for our learning and working environment.
Millersville University is an equal opportunity employer and, in
compliance with federal and state laws and university policy, is
committed to providing equal educational and employment
opportunities for all persons without regard to age, color,
national origin, race, religion, disability, veteran status, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Individuals from traditionally underrepresented populations are
encouraged to apply.
- One year as a Fiscal Assistant; OR three years of work
involving the maintenance of fiscal or financial records, including
one year of responsible work which involves the application of
accounting or fiscal principles and practices and graduation from
high school; OR one year of experience in maintaining and
reviewing fiscal records and an Associate degree in accounting or
business administration; OR any equivalent combination of
experience and training.
- Ability to perform detailed work involving written or numerical
- Excellent analytical, organizational, oral, written, and
interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel,
- Customer service experience.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Evidence of a commitment to diversity, equity, and
- Successful interview.
- Successful completion of three background checks.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or similar
- Demonstrated ability to create financial reports.
- Experience with applicable software programs.
- Experience in higher education.
- Experience in accounts receivable and/or banking.