Part-Time Hospitality Management Instructor (Pool)
West Valley-Mission Community College District
PART-TIME, ASSOCIATE FACULTY POOL
Applications for Part-Time, Associate Faculty pools are continually
accepted (unless otherwise specified) by the District and will be
added to the application pool for review by hiring authorities on
an as-needed basis. Should you be invited for an interview, you
will be contacted by a District representative.
Mission College is accepting applications from qualified persons
for the purpose of developing a pool of individuals interested in
part-time teaching assignments in Hospitality Management for the
* Basic Food Preparation (Lecture / Lab Course)
* Facilities Layout and Design
* Hotel and Restaurant Accounting
* Food, Beverage and Labor Cost Control
* Intermediate and Advanced Cuisine
* Food Service Purchasing
* Catering and event planning
* Baking and Pastry Arts
Applicants who possess the knowledge, skills, ability, and life
experiences to address the cultural and educational needs of a
linguistically and culturally diverse student population are
encouraged to apply.
This position is a part-time position as an Associate Instructor.
The teaching assignment may require teaching lecture-discussion
courses during day, evening or on Saturday and/or in an
on-line/distance education format. The assignments are as needed,
during Spring, Summer, and/or Fall semesters. This position is
represented by the West Valley-Mission Federation of Teachers
(WVMFT), AFT 6554.
Work location: Mission College, Santa Clara, CA
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is based on a percentage of workload, up to a maximum of 67%
of a full-time load. Salary is prorated based on an initial hiring
salary range of $34,143 - $49,337 per semester; and is based on
academic achievement, teaching and related experience.
1.Education - Possess one of the following:
* Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Administration, Hospitality
Administration, or related field, AND two years of related
professional experience; OR
* Associate’s degree in Hotel Administration, Hospitality
Administration, or related field, AND six years of related
professional experience; OR
* A valid California Community College Instructor’s Credential in
the discipline; OR
* The equivalent of the above.
2. Demonstrated ability to effectively work with persons of diverse
socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Instructional duties and assignments may consist of one or more of
* Provide instruction for assigned courses. This includes
preparation for in-class or on-line/distance education activities,
evaluation of students’ work, consultation with students outside of
class and/or on-line, maintenance of currency in the subjects
* Maintain accurate class and other records required by the
* Submit, when due, attendance rosters and grade reports.
* Follow course outlines as filed in the instruction offices.
* Maintain office hours each week, at .5 hours per week per
* Observe, support and enforce the regulations, policies and
programs of the District and college.
* Provide each student with a written course syllabus at the
beginning of the course, as per instructions in the Faculty
* Refer students to appropriate college sources for information on
counseling and other student services.
* Assist students by providing advice on requirements for
successful achievement in the members’ area of expertise.
* Work cooperatively within the college community.
* Foster an environment that protects academic freedom within the
* Foster a positive working environment that is free from
harassment, prejudice and/or bias.
* Demonstrate a respect for the dignity of each individual.
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit
our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to
complete the application, testing or interview process, please
contact Human Resources at (408) 741-2174 to arrange for
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal