The College of the Holy Cross is seeking a skilled, motivated
plumber to help maintain the College. This person must be able to
install, troubleshoot, and test plumbing systems across
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair the following systems:
- Domestic water and all associated appliances
- Sanitary water and all associated appliances
- Fire protections sprinkler systems
Education and Experience:
- Perform preventive maintenance as required
- Respond to emergency work
- Utilize our work order system
- All work must be in compliance with all Massachusetts Plumbing
- Prepare systems to prevent freezing and bursting of pipes in
the campus seasonal plumbing systems and restore service when
- Assist shop members or other trades as needed.
- Report any hazards or deficiencies to supervisor.
- Safety is essential in this position and all safety procedures
must be followed including the protection of others in your work
area as well using the appropriate personal protective
- All work must be completed in a professional manner with an
emphasis on customer service.
- Wearing of uniforms (shirts, jackets); must be neat with
- Keep supervisor informed of status of work being performed
- Provide plumbing and heating maintenance, repairs and
replacements in the off-campus houses as needed.
- When emergencies and/or extreme weather conditions occur, the
functions of this position may be deemed essential, and employees
must report to work and/or remain on duty
- Must be willing to work on call on a rotating schedule
- Must be willing to work various events some maybe after hours
- Safety shoes required (College provides an annual
- Safety glasses and equipment as required
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Must be a licensed plumber in the state of Massachusetts
- Must have 2-5 years’ experience
This is a full time, non-exempt level position. The College is
committed to providing competitive market pay for its employees.
The College also offers a competitive benefits package for
full-time staff, including:
- Non-contributory Pension Plan
- Condensed summer 4-day work week
- Tuition benefits
- Wellness programs & ongoing Training and Development
- Generous paid time off
The College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and
complies with all Federal and Massachusetts laws concerning Equal
Opportunity and Affirmative Action in the workplace.
To review our Employee Benefit Options, please go to: https://www.holycross.edu/human-resources/benefits
Please attach a cover letter addressing the position requirements
along with your resume.
In your cover letter please address how your work might support the
College's mission as a Jesuit, undergraduate liberal arts college
) and its core
commitment to diversity and inclusion. Please provide examples of
any past work that illuminate your commitments in these areas. For
more information, please visit http://holycross.edu/diversity
Review of applications will begin as received and continue until
the position has been filled.