Administrative Assistant - Advancement
Susquehanna University is the future-ready institution for today,
invested in cultivating intellectual grounding, active learning and
global citizenship for all students. Renowned as one of the finest
U.S. national liberal arts colleges, Susquehanna inspires and
challenges 2,200 enterprising, bright-minded students studying the
arts, business, humanities and sciences. Our students seize
opportunities through exceptional worldwide internships,
expert-guided research and an acclaimed study-abroad program,
leading to a transformative education that empowers each graduate
to realize their unique potential and lead a successful and
The Susquehanna River Valley with its fresh air and overall
pleasant year-round climate, provides four distinct seasons amidst
a backdrop of vibrant autumn foliage, occasional winter snowfalls,
flower-filled springs and warm summer evenings illuminated by
fireflies. Nearby outdoor recreational areas for hiking, kayaking,
fishing and skiing — and the bustling cultural and commerce hubs of
New York City, Washington D.C., Baltimore and Philadelphia within a
three-hour drive — present abundant opportunities for learning and
The Administrative Assistant for
Advancement reports to the Sr. Director of Leadership Gifts and
provides administrative support and assistance to all areas of the
Advancement Division, with a focus on the areas of Leadership
Gifts, Advancement Services, and Donor Relations.Specific
Data entry including gift processing, donor database additions,
corrections, and deletions. Processing and mailing of donor
Administrative support for other Advancement divisions as
needed during cyclical busy time periods.
Provide administrative and event support at annual major
university events such as Homecoming, Family Weekend & donor
recognition events, etc.
Contribute to the overall success of Advancement by performing
other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- General office duties such as answering and directing telephone
calls, reviewing written correspondence, maintaining current and
confidential files, scheduling individual, and divisional meetings.
Preparing and reconciling expense reports.
- As requested, assist in managing and organizing support for a
variety of Advancement initiatives and projects. Includes
scheduling of meetings, preparation, and distribution of materials,
and maintaining files. Special projects include but are not limited
- Donor Fund Reports
- Donor Record Scanning
- State Charity Registration paperwork
- Assist in oversight of student workers on special
Education and Experience
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems
such as Microsoft Office, managing files and records, designing
forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Skilled at written and verbal communication in order to convey
information effectively and as appropriate for the needs of the
- Knowledge of English language including meaning and spelling of
words, rules of composition and grammar.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, including
computer entry accuracy, and the ability to handle a variety of
assignments at the same time are required.
- Position requires occasional weekend or evening hours for
support of pre-scheduled weekend or evening events.
Three (3) years of
professional office experience. High School
- Position requires the ability to stand or sit for extended
- Position requires the ability to move about the campus.
- Position requires the ability to talk and to hear
- Position requires occasional manual dexterity and the ability
to use fingers, hands, and arms to feel, handle, and reach.
- Position requires occasional stooping, crouching and
- Position requires the ability to occasionally lift up to 10
- Working conditions are indoors.
Associate degree or professional certification preferred.
Special Instructions to the Applicant:
Number of Months:
Other Number of Months:
Work Schedule/Hours per Week:
Open Until Filled:
Anticipated Start Date:
To apply, visit https://jobs.susqu.edu/postings/3706