Associate Director Enrollment Services
Welcome to Furman University's Career Site!
- IMPORTANT: Load all documents in the My
Experience area under Resume/CV. This may include your
resume/C.V., cover letter, unofficial transcript, teaching
philosophy, etc. Please wait for all documents to finish uploading
before clicking Next.
- If the process times out you will lose your progress, so please
ensure you have all necessary documents available before
- The drop-down lists only display so many options: please type
into a drop-down list to search for your option. For example: in
Field of Study, you may need to enter your field name. If you have
no field, type "None."
- If you have previously applied, make sure your information is
current as you can transfer it to another application.
- Prior to submitting your application, verify all information
for accuracy and ensure you have uploaded all appropriate
documents. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit your
application other than to change your contact information.
If you have any questions or need additional assistance, please
contact the Office of Human Resources via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Associate Director Enrollment Services
The Associate Director of Enrollment Services will serve as the
deputy to the Executive Director of Enrollment Services and
Financial Aid, managing and overseeing the operations, policies,
and procedures of Enrollment Services as well as overseeing the
university's student employment program. In this capacity, he or
she will work with hiring managers throughout the university to
ensure that campus jobs are accessible to all students, students
are hired and onboarded correctly, student employees are treated
fairly and compensated appropriately, and jobs are ended consistent
with established policy. He or she will also be charged with direct
oversight of all student job functions in Enrollment Services
- Oversees Enrollment Service Operations.
- Manages all aspects of the university's student employment
- Promotes practices that make student employment a high-impact
learning experience consistent with the goals of The Furman
Advantage for every student employee emphasizing soft skills and
understanding of value-added service in the modern
- Responsible for hiring, supervising, training, and scheduling
student staff to support administrative functions and service
operations in Enrollment Services.
- Designs and executes training for student employees as
- Ensures that the courier service between the Administration
Building and administrative offices in Montague Village is
- Oversees the production of university ID cards for all
- Coordinates the administrative component of the Cultural Life
Program including hiring, supervising, training, and scheduling
student staff, posting approved events to the University calendar,
and processing student attendance at events.
- Uses professional judgment to address unexpected situations
inherent in the on-call oversight of Cultural Life Program
- Fully understands and appropriately applies Furman's student
information release policy and our standards for cash and financial
- Documents Enrollment Services procedures. Describes policy and
logic that informs procedures to ensure common understanding,
writes detailed instructions about how to perform tasks that can be
used to train others, and prepares “service scripts” explaining how
to respond to commonly asked questions.
- Serves as primary support for Enrollment Services Specialists
- Follows safety procedures.
- Completes performance review process with supervisor to
understand job performance expectations and how they fit into the
department and university goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Responsibility for Final Decisions
- Continuous contact with members of multiple work units and
immediate supervisor to plan, coordinate, problem solve, exchange
information, and make suggestions related to mutual
- Daily contact with students, parents, faculty, staff, and the
public to plan, coordinate, problem-solve, present information, and
make suggestions related to mutual goals.
- Frequent contact with other departments and faculty members to
influence, motivate, or persuade parties to obtain desired results.
Interactions often involve mediating disagreement or controversial
Required Education, Skills, and Training:
- Direct supervision of up to 20 student employees.
- Reviews work to ensure compliance with procedures and
- Spends time planning, scheduling, and assigning priorities for
multiple ongoing projects.
- Work involves developing systems and structures options or
procedures to implement established rules and
- Reports to the Executive Director of Enrollment Services and
- Work is performed independently on routine work, non-routine
issues or questions are referred to the supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree and experience in higher education
- Friendly, engaging, and excited to help any and all members of
the university community.
- Exacting attention to detail.
- Significant computer background including experience with
- Strong organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills, including clear and concise
- Ability to adapt and respond positively to an ever-changing
Work is performed under usual office conditions.
Job Posting End Date (if date is blank, posting is open
To apply, visit https://furman.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Furman_Careers/job/Main-Campus/Associate-Director-Enrollment-Services_R002398
Furman is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to increasing
the diversity of its faculty and staff. The University aspires to
create a community of people representing a multiplicity of
identities including gender, race, religion, spiritual belief,
sexual orientation, geographic origin, socioeconomic background,
ideology, world view, and varied abilities. Domestic partners of
employees are eligible for comprehensive benefits.