Title: Assistant/Associate Professor (Mathematics and/or Instructional and Assistive Technology)
Position Number: 0082820
Hiring Unit: College of Education, Department of Special Education
Date Posted: November 22, 2023
Closing Date: Continuous - application review begins January 2, 2024
Salary Information: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Monthly Type: 9 Month
Tenure Track: Tenure
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
General funds. Appointment to begin August 2024. Selectee is required to complete the COE New Faculty orientation in the first year and pass a criminal background check.
Duties and Responsibilities
Teach undergraduate and/or graduate courses via on campus and/or a variety of distance delivery modes; teach content in courses for teachers seeking licensure in mild/moderate and extensive support needs; supervise candidates' in field-based teacher preparation programs; advise students; maintain active program of research/scholarly activity and publications in area of specialization; provide service to the university, public schools, and professional community; participate in program evaluation activities; and contribute to the University of Hawaii’s mission as being a Hawaiian place of learning. Other duties as assigned.
Assistant Professor Minimum Qualifications
- Doctorate in Special Education or closely related field from an accredited institution; will consider ABD if completed by August 2024;
- Expertise in mathematics and/or instructional and assistive technology for students with disabilities
- Broad knowledge of K-12 special education;
- At least two (2) years of K-12 teaching experience as a licensed special educator;
- Evidence of scholarly research activity focused on mathematics and/or instructional and assistive technology,
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or professional work experience which provides the required education, knowledge, skills, and abilities as indicated.
Associate Professor Minimum Qualifications
[In addition to the Assistant Professor Minimum Qualifications above]
- Evidence of proficiency in face-to-face and online teaching;
- At least four (4) years of full-time college or university teaching in special education at the Assistant Professor rank or equivalent;
- Strong record of scholarly publications commensurate with rank and experience;
- Evidence of proficiency in advising and mentoring.
- Continued evidence of participation in the scholarly and academic affairs of a university or other appropriate organization, or in an appropriate professional society or organization, or in other appropriate job-related service activities;
- Experience teaching K-12 students with disabilities in public or private schools who are culturally and linguistically diverse learners
- Experience teaching K-12 students who are Native Hawaiian.
- Experience in teaching, supervising, and/or advising candidates in higher education.
- Experience teaching diverse university students (e.g., culturally and linguistically diverse, first generation students, part-time students)
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working on collaborative teams.
Go to: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/hawaiiedu/jobs/4290705/assistant-associate-professor-mathematics-and-or-instructional-and-assistive-tec?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs. Submit a cover letter clearly addressing how you meet the minimum and desirable qualifications; curriculum vitae; reprints of publications; graduate transcripts (copies acceptable; however, originals will be required prior to completion of hiring); and names, addresses, and phone numbers of five references.
Inquiries: Rhonda Black 808-956-7956: firstname.lastname@example.org