Saint Peter's University
, founded in 1872, is a Jesuit,
Catholic, coeducational, liberal arts University located in Jersey
City, New Jersey.
Saint Peter's University seeks to develop the whole person in
preparation for a lifetime of learning, leadership, and service in
a diverse and global society.
Committed to academic excellence and individual attention
Saint Peter's University provides education, informed by values,
primarily in degree-granting programs in the arts, science, and
business, to resident and commuting students from a variety of
Saint Peter’s University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Saint Peter’s
University desires to ensure that faculty, students and staff
members from underrepresented and marginalized populations are an
integral part of the life and governance of the institution.
For more information about Saint Peter's University, please visit
Named #1 in the nation for transformation in 2018 by the
American Council on Education/Fidelity Investments
Director of Web Services
Jersey City Campus
Office of University Comm
Full Time, Part Time, Adjunct
Reporting to the Vice President for Communications and Marketing,
the Director of Web Services will provide effective, strategic
leadership for all components of the web presence for Saint Peter’s
University. With ownership of the web strategy and operational
components of saintpeters.edu and affiliated media, the Director
will be charged with developing and executing on a strategic vision
for the web. The Director will provide creative direction, manage
web development operations and capabilities, and develop production
processes, policies, and standards to ensure a dynamic and
consistent web experience consistent with the University’s
priorities. The incumbent will also serve as the primary liaison
for web-related vendors engaged by the University and will manage
and evaluate these relationships on an ongoing basis.
Salary Range: $70,000 – $80,000
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Manage web team and coordinate routine web maintenance
activities, ensuring smooth
functioning of the CMS, secure services, appropriate
troubleshooting and installation of
web applications, security and privacy protocols, ADA compliance,
and/or software as
2. Identify strategic short and long-term content review and
implementation activities for
the website to ensure consistent delivery of an up-to-date,
engaging, dynamic, and user-
friendly content and navigation experience aligned with University
3. Implement processes to regularly partner with University
faculty, staff and
administrators to review and update web editorial and multimedia
providing advice and recommendations to help stakeholders ensure
information is included on the site and is consistent and
4. Maintain and apply professional, creative, and technical
knowledge and expertise and
research new and emerging developments in website design and
content delivery and
cutting edge web applications and tools that can be used to
increase website visibility
and enhance communications internally and externally.
5. Monitor and customize metatags with a focus on SEO best
implementation of the correct format for page titles, headers,
meta-information and alt
tags for images.
6. Develop, edit and implement the calls to action, editorial
content, and multimedia design
of all top-level webpages and all new and redesigned web page
content to ensure
consistency and maximize user engagement and deliver search engine
7. Conduct usability analysis through formal and informal research
(focus groups, online
surveys, web analytics, etc.) and effectively translate results
into site design, navigation,
and resource development.
8. Manage Google Analytics, set up campaigns and generate
customized reports as
needed and translate analytic insights into improved website
content and design.
9. Manage hiring, mentoring and supervision of staff, as well as
external and internal
creative resources, including external vendors and freelance
10. Troubleshoot and resolve website problems in conjunction with
11. Educate and train University offices and departments on how to
update pages on the
University’s content management system when appropriate.
12. Respond to content management inquiries and website request
changes in a timely
13. Other duties as assigned by the Vice President for
Communications and Marketing
Key Performance Expectations:
1. Actively demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to
Jesuit heritage and
2. Be driven by the University mission.
3. Be committed to the University and the work we do to support
4. Approach commitments cheerfully, enthusiastically, and
5. Approach issues and assignments with an open mind, objectively
and neutrally, with
logic and analysis.
6. Be accountable and responsible.
7. Be well organized.
8. Behave and perform ethically.
9. Collaborate effectively both within and outside the
10. Consistent and timely attendance.
11. Meet all departmental and work area expectations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities acquired on the job:
An essential job function is the acquisition and mastery of
on-the-job knowledge, skill, and
ability, in order to learn, implement and follow key job functions.
The following are performance
criteria and are essential functions:
1. Expert knowledge of social media and digital platforms and
experience tracking and evaluating related analytics.
2. Knowledge of digital marketing lead generation tactics, website
user-experience, content strategy, SEO and paid search, Google
Analytics and email marketing/ CRM system
3. Ability to be a strong collaborator, thought leader and
4. Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, along with
the ability to build relationships with various members of the
5. Exceptional strategic and creative sensibilities.
6. Proven experience with brand management and developing and
directing marketing strategies and campaigns from concept to
7. Leadership/supervision skills and ability to develop and manage
key performance indicators and analytics.
8. Extensive project management skills and ability to manage
multiple projects simultaneously and creatively.
9. Ability to function with a high degree of independence and to
act collaboratively in development and execution of marketing and
10. Ability and willingness to perform both professional and
11. Ability to appropriately use and demonstrate proficiency with
standard office productivity software, tools, and University
systems, such as MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and
Google Suite equivalents.
12. Ability to efficiently organize and manage large amounts of
data, information, and records; attention to detail; and
13. Ability to interact and communicate effectively with
individuals from diverse backgrounds and at all levels of the
14. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
1. A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible
experience with primary
responsibility for web strategy, maintenance and development
2. Demonstrated experience leading a team and supervising staff,
either formally or
1. An earned bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college
Licenses (if applicable)
1. Must be able to remain in a stationary position for extended
periods of time.
2. The person in this position needs to move about both inside the
office and at other
locations where interviews and meetings are conducted.
3. Frequently operates a computer for extended periods of
4. Frequently communicates with others over the phone and in
person; must be able to
exchange accurate information in these situations.
5. Ability to speak clearly and communicate proficiently in
Posting Detail Information
Position Posting Date
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants