Saint Peter's University
, founded in 1872, is a Jesuit,
Catholic, coeducational, liberal arts University located in Jersey
City, New Jersey.
Saint Peter's University seeks to develop the whole person in
preparation for a lifetime of learning, leadership, and service in
a diverse and global society.
Committed to academic excellence and individual attention
Saint Peter's University provides education, informed by values,
primarily in degree-granting programs in the arts, science, and
business, to resident and commuting students from a variety of
Saint Peter’s University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Saint Peter’s
University desires to ensure that faculty, students and staff
members from underrepresented and marginalized populations are an
integral part of the life and governance of the institution.
For more information about Saint Peter's University, please visit
Named #1 in the nation for transformation in 2018 by the
American Council on Education/Fidelity Investments
Executive Director of Marketing
Jersey City Campus
Office of University Comm
Full Time, Part Time, Adjunct
Reporting to the Vice President for Communications and Marketing,
the Executive Director of Marketing will provide effective,
strategic leadership for all components of the University’s
marketing efforts for the purposes of brand enhancement and
recruitment, among others. The Executive Director will build and
guide a team of professionals, including the web team, to execute
on a sophisticated, multi-channel marketing plan across a number of
audiences and constituencies. Collaborates with both undergraduate
and graduate admission teams to develop and execute student
recruitment strategies. Manages with the web team to set website
priorities and manage website technology and programming needs.
Coordinates digital marketing, creating strategies and messaging,
and works with professional partners to disseminate advertising
campaigns. Manages vendor relations and out-of-house contractors
for additional operational support. As a member of the Office of
Communications and Marketing, acts as an institutional brand
manager, ensuring that the creation of marketing materials are
guided by the University’s brand platform and standards. Manages
marketing budget. Provides support for editing and proofing of
department projects. Assists in writing copy for marketing
publications, as necessary. Maximizes the University brand's value
through compelling strategies, campaigns and partnerships and by
staunchly protecting and enforcing its approved uses.
Salary Range: $85,000 – $95,000
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Builds, mentors, and manages a team of highly skilled marketing
professionals responsible for the creation and execution of
communications and marketing plans that align with the University's
advance its strategic goals and priorities.
2. Plans and executes real-time digital marketing campaigns with
measurable results to
advance the goals of the University.
3. In collaboration with the Vice President for Communications and
Marketing as well as
the Vice President for Enrollment Management, develops and executes
comprehensive enrollment marketing strategy to support
undergraduate, graduate and
professional education program marketing strategies
4. Understands analytics and is results-focused, with a deep
knowledge of digital
marketing lead generation tactics, website user-experience, content
strategy, SEO and
paid search and email marketing/ CRM systems.
5. Oversees and manages agency partners, and, in collaboration with
the Vice President
for Communications and Marketing, manages contracts, project
and advertising and creative services budgets.
6. Establishes and nurtures relationships with Saint Peter’s
administrators and staff to enhance partnerships and
collaborations, improving cross-
campus strategic communications and marketing consistency and
7. Deploys a consultative, strategic approach for campus partner
messaging is consistent and effective across all channels, aid in
the development of
strategies, provides services that address identified gaps and
needs, and advances
8. Develops and implements a highly-effective storytelling machine
to include but not
limited to creative brainstorming, planning, development, and
delivery, to ROI metrics to
produce strategic,audience-specific stories that cultivate
emotional connections and
drive beneficial engagement.
9. Understands website user-experience, creative development and
planning and placement, and digital lead generation
10. Coordinates with the communications and creative services teams
marketing needs/student stories/social media
11. Other duties as assigned by the Vice President for
Communications and Marketing
Key Performance Expectations:
1. Actively demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to
Jesuit heritage and ideals.
2. Be driven by the University mission.
3. Be committed to the University and the work we do to support
4. Approach commitments cheerfully, enthusiastically and
5. Approach issues and assignments with an open mind, objectively
and neutrally, with
logic and analysis.
6. Be accountable and responsible.
7. Be well organized.
8. Behave and perform ethically.
9. Collaborate effectively both within and outside the
10. Consistent and timely attendance.
11. Meet all departmental and work area expectations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities acquired on the job:
An essential job function is the acquisition and mastery of
on-the-job knowledge, skill, and
ability, in order to learn, implement and follow key job functions.
The following are performance
criteria and are essential functions:
1. Expert knowledge of social media and digital platforms and
experience tracking and evaluating related analytics.
2. Knowledge of digital marketing lead generation tactics, website
user-experience, content strategy, SEO and paid search, Google
Analytics and email marketing/ CRM system
3. Ability to be a strong collaborator, thought leader and
4. Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, along with
the ability to build
relationships with various members of the organization.
5. Exceptional strategic and creative sensibilities.
6. Proven experience with brand management and developing and
strategies and campaigns from concept to completion.
7. Leadership/supervision skills and ability to develop and manage
key performance indicators and analytics.
8. Extensive project management skills and ability to manage
multiple projects simultaneously and creatively.
9. Ability to function with a high degree of independence and to
act collaboratively in development and execution of marketing and
10. Ability and willingness to perform both professional and
11. Ability to appropriately use and demonstrate proficiency with
standard office productivity software, tools, and University
systems, such as MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and
Google Suite equivalents.
12. Ability to efficiently organize and manage large amounts of
data, information, and records; attention to detail; and
13. Ability to interact and communicate effectively with
individuals from diverse backgrounds and at all levels of the
14. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
1. A minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible
including supervisory experience, with primary responsibility for
the development and implementation of marketing strategies
2. Demonstrated experience leading a team and supervising staff,
either formally or informally
3. Experience managing budgets and maximizing resources
1. An earned bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or
other relevant area from a regionally accredited college or
Licenses (if applicable)
1. Must be able to remain in a stationary position for extended
periods of time.
2. The person in this position needs to move about both inside the
office and at other
locations where interviews and meetings are conducted.
3. Frequently operates a computer for extended periods of
4. Frequently communicates with others over the phone and in
person; must be able to
exchange accurate information in these situations.
5. Ability to speak clearly and communicate proficiently in
Posting Detail Information
Position Posting Date
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants