The University of Colorado Boulder encourages applications for an
Advancement Assistant for Campaign & Data Insights
Advancement Assistant operates as a key support member of the
Campaign Planning & Strategy and Data Insights teams and is a
crucial part of the Office of Advancement. Under the guidance of
the Sr. Director of Campaign Planning & Strategy and Sr.
Director of Data Insights, this position provides administrative
support for hard-working and collaborative advancement teams and
will work on a broad array of projects and tasks.
This position will perform administrative duties that are variable
and complex in nature and is tasked with exercising a high level of
discretion and confidentiality, especially as it relates to
assigned responsibilities with donors, faculty, staff and other
constituents. This role applies skills and knowledge in multiple
administrative functions, but many responsibilities reflect a
distinct Advancement and constituent engagement component.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
CU Boulder Advancement
is committed to a culture of joy,
motivated by collaboration, passionate about excellence and driven
by impact. These four values define our culture and drive our
engagement and fundraising success.
At CU Boulder Advancement, we allocate time and resources to
diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). Our efforts contribute
directly to our division’s core values and to advancing CU
Boulder’s mission through impactful fundraising and engagement
results. As a team and as individuals, we commit to learning about
and challenging systems, policies, and practices that enable
oppressive ideologies to recur in our community. (Oppressive
ideologies include racism, sexism, ableism, heterosexism, and other
“isms” that cause harm. This list is not exhaustive and may evolve
in our pursuit of collective liberation.) Embracing our
responsibility to lead and model helps promote the culture we
desire while supporting our internal and external constituents.
Accountability for our commitment to DEI is established through
specific individual and team goals that evaluate our progress and
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Performs administrative support functions for the Campaign
Planning & Strategy and Data Insights teams including: calendar
management, setting and coordinating meetings and appointments,
travel arrangements (which may include detailed itineraries
reflecting appointments with donors), and expense report
- Uses data from donor database to create requested reports,
spreadsheets, enter call reports, submit proposal and pipeline
updates, and create internal and external correspondence, as
- Initiate, schedule and coordinate internal and external
meetings for the Campaign Planning & Strategy and Data Insights
- Serve as the procurement lead for the team by coordinating
payment of vendors, completing expense reports, and other budget
management tasks as assigned.
- Provide support and preparation for meetings and events as
- Proactively engage with the division’s Administrative Team
(A-Team) and attend scheduled meetings.
- Assistance with special projects.
- Perform core tasks related to the comprehensive campaign, such
as regular outreach to Advancement team members, management of a
calendar for all campaign-related activities, and organization of
- Under the guidance of the Senior Director, support the planning
and preparation for internal meetings as well as meetings/events
that engage volunteer groups.
- Assist with ad hoc projects and tasks as needed.
- Use Excel, Salesforce and visualization tools (like Tableau
and/or Power BI) to help identify trends and recommendations for
- Assist with ad hoc reporting and data analysis projects as
- Assist with tracking engagement for CU Boulder School, Colleges
and Units (SCUs).
What You Should Know
- Answer and direct phone calls; screen phone messages and
distribute/follow-up as necessary.
- Receive, process and distribute unit mail/inter-office
- Prepare and submit expense reports; prepare purchase
requisitions for various office needs; maintain office supply
- Serve as a liaison between the Campaign Planning & Strategy
and Donor Insights teams and various internal and external
constituents. Research and gather information on various topics as
necessary and expedite the flow of information to staff.
- Resolve IT/software related issues for the team.
What We Can Offer
- This position has the ability to work a hybrid schedule with
some days on campus and some days remote.
- This position will occasionally be required to work
- The salary range for this position is $50,000 - $55,000
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The
University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in
Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education
environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be diverse. Be inclusive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- Bachelor's degree or combination of education and experience
will substitute on a year for year basis.
- Minimum of 1 year of direct work experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in completing
- Sense of curiosity and the desire to find solutions to complex
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to navigate and manage various databases.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and adapt to
changing priorities; ability to appropriately manage time and meet
- Ability to embrace the shared values of the Office of
- Ability to exercise a high degree of diplomacy, discretion, and
collaboration in working with a diverse range of constituents
including employees, students, volunteers, alumni, donors, and
- Ability to operate independently; has a
- Understanding of data compliance and integrity.
Software used: Microsoft Office products, Salesforce, Zoom, Teams,
LinkedIn, DocuSign, m-fin, Marketplace, Concur.
What We Would Like You to Have
- Experience in or understanding of a non-profit or higher
- Experience working in customer service and/or an operations
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background
and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and
responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by December 4, 2023
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For
consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: