Job Posting Information
Job Posting Number
Transfer Admissions Coordinator
Regular or Contingent II
Desired Start Date
Open Until Filled
Duties and Responsibilities
• Foster and develop relationships primarily with Maryland
community colleges, with emphasis on Prince Georges, Baltimore,
Charles, Montgomery, Anne Arundel and Howard County.
• Attend recruitment activities as assigned, including information
• Collaborate with the Assistant Director of Recruitment to
strategize and plan an effect recruitment calendar for the transfer
student population to meet the university FTE goals.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive recruitment strategy within
specific territories by attending post-secondary college fairs,
community colleges, group presentations, and other events.
• Assist with processing admission applications, transcripts and
other supporting credentials for determination of admissibility in
accordance with university policies and procedures.
• Manage the transfer application review process.
• Implement and manage the on-boarding process for the transfer
team new hires.
• Collaborate with Office of Admissions Coordinators to incorporate
best practices into the team’s daily operations.
• Coordinate with the Enrollment Management Data and Systems
Analyst team to support admissions data request and needs for
• Actively work with Enrollment Management and other Bowie State
University departments to promote collaboration and cohesion for
the overall student experience.
• Contribute and develop new ideas for admissions events and office
functions and make recommendations for continual process
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelors degree required.
Two (2) or more years of experience working in higher education
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
Conditions of Employment
- Great organizational skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required; PeopleSoft
- Strong communication skills and a commitment to customer
- Ability to network and establish professional
- Ability to collect and analyze data relate to students
admissions and recruitment
Please be advised, COVID -19 vaccinations are strongly encouraged
but not required for eligible faculty and staff employed by Bowie
State University. This protocol may be subject to change.
BSU offers a generous benefits package, which includes 22 vacation
days, 13 holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and
retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their
dependents at any of the University System of Maryland
Posting Detail Information
Special Instructions to Applicant
Quick Link for Internal Postings
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a bachelor's degree?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application