Note for Current UM Employees
Current employees must apply internally via connectU >
Definition of Class
This position provides technical support for computing, networking
and telecommunication problems experienced by faculty, staff and
students. The incumbent assists with inquiries regarding equipment
problems, software packages, operating systems and networking
applications and refers inquiries to the proper technical support
Examples of Work Performed
- Answers calls from users seeking assistance with computing and
- Attempts to diagnose problem and assists user in implementing
solution via the telephone, internet, and on-site services.
- Assists users in learning software packages, operating systems
and networking applications by giving instructions based on user’s
level of computer efficiency.
- Removes viruses and spyware from student, faculty, and staff
- Logs in calls to caller tracking database.
- Prioritizes the urgency of the requests for service personnel
and routes maintenance requests to the appropriate technical
- Follows up on requests to ensure resolution and user
- Assists faculty, staff and students in applying for and
activating an e-mail accounts.
- Participates in the student orientation and registration
process by informing and explaining computer resources available to
- Answers questions regarding necessary equipment to connect to
the University’s computer host.
- Resets passwords for students to access class grades or
schedules on the University’s web site following proper policies
- Configures computers for students, faculty and staff to dial-in
or connect directly to the University’s computer host.
- Assist in training student workers to ensure quality
- Performs related or similar duties as required or
These essential functions include, but are not limited to, the
following. Additional essential functions may be identified and
included by the hiring department.
- Provides technical support for computing, networking, and
- Assists with inquiries regarding equipment problems, software
packages, operating systems, and networking applications.
- Configures computers for access to the web
Associate’s degree in Computer Technology or related field.
Two (2) years experience related to the above described
Related experience may be substituted for education, on a basis set
forth and approved by the Department of Human Resources.
To learn more about our pay structure and view our salary ranges,
to visit the Compensation page of our Human Resources
website. This link is provided for general pay information. Hourly
rate or salary may vary depending on qualifications, experience,
and departmental budget. Note: Unclassified positions (faculty,
executives, researchers and coaches) do not have established salary
The University of Mississippi provides equal opportunity in any
employment practice, education program, or education activity to
all qualified persons. The University complies with all applicable
laws regarding equal opportunity and affirmative action and does
not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for
employment based upon race, color, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, citizenship,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic
Background Check Statement
The University of Mississippi is committed to providing a safe
campus community. UM conducts background investigations for
applicants being considered for employment. Background
investigations include a criminal history record check, and when
appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history
Interview Requirements: Any candidate who is called for an
interview must notify the Department of Equal
Opportunity/Regulatory Compliance in writing of any reasonable
accommodation needed prior to the date of the interview.