The Coordinator, Social Media and Events, Honors College designs
and develops social media communications and plans special events
for a robust student engagement program within the Honors
FGCU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an
Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity and Access
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, age,
disability, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status,
genetic predisposition, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender
expression, veteran status, and any other protected class(es), as
required by applicable state and federal law, as well as University
regulations and policies.
Typical duties may include but are not limited to:
- Designs and develops departmental website and social media
content that support the initiatives of the Honors College.
- Develops, plans, and implements multiple special events per
semester that support the mission of the Honors College including
Honors Kickoff, Honors Sorting Ceremony, Honors Graduation, and
other special events as designated. Coordinates event
- Creates and develops social media promotional materials, such
as flyers and graphics, for event promotion as well as assists in
cross-unit collaboration through promotion of FGCU-affiliated
- Oversees external partnerships and inquiries to the FGCU Honors
College through communication such as email, phone, and social
media direct message.
- Ensures all FGCU Honors College social media complies with
state and university regulations and maintains updated records of
social media policy.
- Ensures the Honors College’s websites are maintained, updated,
and evaluated for effectiveness.
- Captures photos and videos for use on websites and social media
content as well as maintains database for photos and videos for
marketing and promotional use.
- Recruits, trains, and oversees event volunteers.
- Oversees the recruitment and application process for the Honors
Student Leadership Council as well as coordinates annual fall
training and monthly leadership meetings.
- Develops print and electronic publications including brochures,
flyers, announcements, invitations, bulletins, newsletters, and
- Coordinates the purchase and/or rental of event supplies and
- Reviews progress, evaluates effectiveness of social media
marketing and events, implements new processes, and promotes best
Additional Job Description
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in an
appropriate area of specialization.
- Two years of professional, full-time experience with any of the
following: community outreach, program planning, marketing, or
- Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience,
and/or certifications may be considered.
- Experience writing, editing, or designing digital and
- Valid driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Four years of professional, full-time experience with any of
the following: community outreach, program planning, marketing, or
- Work experience in a higher education setting.
- Familiarity with honors colleges or programs.
Salary Pay Grade 16
- Knowledge of social media platforms, specifically Instagram and
Facebook, and the ability to implement social media campaigns.
- Knowledge of and ability to post photographs to various social
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and
complete simultaneous projects within deadlines.
- Ability to design promotional and marketing materials including
brochures, newsletters, posters, on-line banners, ads, reports, and
- Ability to successfully plan and implement events.
- Ability to operate personal computer with proficiency and learn
new applications and systems.
- Ability to take initiative to plan, organize, coordinate, and
perform work in various situations when numerous and diverse
demands are involved.
- Ability to collect, analyze, organize, and present information
in a meaningful manner.
- Ability to work successfully as both a member of a team and
independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively and build strategic relations
with colleagues, co-workers, constituents, and volunteers.
- Ability to travel/work on occasional evenings and
- Ability to thrive in an organization that values the diversity
of its student body and workforce and actively promotes an
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.