Directs the strategic development of the leadership volunteer
initiatives program for the University of Houston. This position
will create opportunities for leaders of industry, executive
leaders and donors to serve the University with a goal of
progressing strategic initiatives by serving on advisory
committees, leadership boards and think tanks.
- Plan and develop executive leadership volunteer opportunities
on advisory committees, leadership boards and think tanks, as a
direct component of philanthropic giving for University
- Cultivate and steward relationships with major donors to
coordinate volunteer leadership opportunities and continued donor
engagement strategies. Act as the University representative to
ensure donor volunteers are connected and acclimated to the
committee on which they will serve.
- Actively participate on the University Strategic Initiatives
Leadership team to assist with development of volunteer leadership
- Advise University leaders and collaborators on best practices
and protocols for successful volunteer opportunities and donor
- Serve as the point of contact for the University�s Executive
Volunteer Boards and committees to ensure a positive engagement
experience aligning with fundraising goals.
- Collaborate with College-based Development colleagues to
develop and implement volunteer participation strategies for each
area�s College-development fundraising business plan.
- Oversight of the annual engagement, recruitment, retention and
recognition plans to further establish the relationship between
volunteers for the University and UH strategic goals.
- Administration of the department budget and personnel.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Bachelors and 5 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical
aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or
the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline.
Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal,
directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or
an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is
directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a
minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.
Additional Job Posting Information
Department willing to accept education in lieu of experience.
Department willing to accept experience in lieu of education