Multimedia Content Creator
The Multimedia Content Creator is a highly imaginative and
versatile storyteller in the University's Strategic Communications
division, which is responsible for internal and external
communications that reach a target audience of over 60,000 alumni,
faculty, staff and students. This Multimedia Content Creator will
have the autonomy to be responsible for conceptualizing, creating,
and editing multimedia content that effectively conveys the
university brand and engages our target audiences and the
community. This role requires a combination of visual and technical
skills (videography and photography) as well as strong writing and
copy-editing skills. You will work closely with cross-functional
teams to design, develop, and deliver multimedia solutions that
align with our organizations goals, objectives, mission, and
The Multimedia Content Creator will report to the Senior Director
of Media Relations and collaborate with department leaders in
digital and internal communications and occasional community
relations work. This position will work closely with the Senior
Content Writer/Editor on stories for our weekly university
newsletter and other publications.
This experienced and versatile communicator will develop, write,
and edit compelling and engaging content for multiple platforms and
publications including digital newsletters, websites, videos,
blogs, social media campaigns, events, media releases, and the
university’s award-winning 132-page annual magazine.
- Create content that elevates Pacific’s brand and grows its
reputation regionally and nationally.
- Record and edit compelling videos to be used across various
platforms, including websites, social media, digital newsletters
and media pitches. Videos should be in alignment with university
brand, goals and objectives.
- Conduct insightful interviews with faculty, staff, students and
others to be used in videos and written feature stories.
- Write and copy edit stories for the university’s weekly
newsletter and annual magazine.
- Capture, create, and edit captivating high-quality visual
images to be used for weekly newsletter, magazine and other
platforms as needed to evoke strong emotions and inspire target
- Produce a quality weekly newsletter that is distributed to the
University’s population, alumni, and the community.
- Optimize multimedia content for viewers such as students,
employees, other stakeholders across campus, and community partners
for various digital platforms, including websites, social media,
and mobile applications.
- Post intriguing stories and video to the university’s
- Ensures final content meets high standards of quality,
creativity, and University brand consistency.
- Collaborate with other members of the Strategic Communications
team as well as faculty, staff, students and other stakeholders on
and off campus to align with branding and achieve project and
- Stay up to date with the latest multimedia industry trends,
technologies, and tools to ensure the content remains innovative
and relevant. Incorporate innovative ideas into multi-media
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
University of the Pacific recognizes that diversity, equity, and
inclusion is foundational to the success of our valued students and
employees. We prioritize policy and decision-making that
demonstrates awareness of, and responsiveness to, the ways
socio-cultural forces related to race, gender, ability, sexuality,
socio-economic status, etc. impede or propel students, faculty, and
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, journalism, communication or
related field (Two (2) years of full-time experience in the
same/similar position is equal to one (1) year of completed
post-high school education coursework).
- Two (2) years of experience in communications or news-related
- Experience using Adobe Premiere.
- Experience using Constant Contact digital marketing
- Experience with shooting and editing
- Strong writing and editing skills and the ability to work well
under tight deadlines.
- High-energy, positive and optimistic thinker who embraces
working as part of a team and emphasizes data-driven decision
- Have a passion for creativity, thoughtful risk-taking and
- Experience working with team members with diverse skills such
as writers, editors, designers, digital professionals,
photographers and videographers, social media specialists and
- Experience and sensitivity in working with people of diverse
backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated experience in advancing social justice, equity,
and inclusion in a university setting.
- Ability to engage and integrate culturally responsive practices
and knowledge in their work.
The physical demands described here are representative but not
definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Sitting, standing, ability to walk to different locations on
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. May occasionally need to
work after hours, weekends and holidays. This position is located
on the Stockton Campus, with occasional trips to our Sacramento and
San Francisco campuses as necessary. This is not a remote
Valid driver’s license required. Incumbent must also be able to
meet the University’s fleet rules and be eligible to drive for
University business. The University and its insurance carrier
reserves the right to exclude applicants based on their driving
$23.90-$31.67 per hour. We consider factors
such as, but not limited to, scope and responsibilities of the
position, candidate’s qualifications, internal equity, as well as
market and organizational considerations when extending an
Background Check Statement:
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are
required to execute a release and authorization for a background
To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/26872
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal
opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In
compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is
committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff
and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in
the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff
on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry,
age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and
veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy,
gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical