The Assistant Director, Clinical Databases leads, administers,
evaluates, designs, implements and manages clinical databases, and
operational procedures for the Division of Graduate Nursing and
Nurse Anesthesia Program. Leads the primary desktop and
software-related technical support for problem resolutions; manages
systems to foster backup support for faculty/staff, designs
programs for training of new faculty, oversees user account
maintenance, develops/maintains a process for system documentation;
and leads the planning of future upgrades and technology
enhancements. This position is also responsible for developing and
managing processes to meet departmental needs with operational
Develops routine daily, monthly, and special reports, as requested.
Ensures accuracy of clinical information, student information, and
departmental databases. Collaborates with the Associate Director,
Operations and the Clinical Placement Manager to produce relevant
data as requested by departmental administration.
This position is also responsible for complex database system
modifications in response to departmental needs and day-to-day
system integrity, including developing strategies to ensure data
- Develops and manages processes to ensure that student,
preceptor and faculty information is accurate, data is updated and
ready for use prior to the start of each quarter.
- Manages database issues by collaborating with the external
companies, student users, preceptors and/or faculty.
- Oversees the process for initial education for student users,
preceptors, clinical faculty, faculty and Track Directors. Updates
users with software changes. Provides support in multiple ways;
online, phone, email and so forth. Develops and manages new methods
of user support in order to improve compliance and user
- Mentors the Undergraduate Nursing department with EXXAT
software. Assists, as needed.
- Leads the designs and management of the Division of Graduate
Nursing and Nurse Anesthesia clinical databases.
- Activate and launch preceptor, adjunct faculty, and clinical
site evaluations for Graduate Nursing Division.
- Quarterly Prepare for Student End of Quarter Evaluation
Meetings - (End of Quarter Assessment Forms, Prepare Assessment
Forms, Send Student-Self Assessment Forms) for Graduate Nursing
- Manages compliance and regulatory requirements for the Division
of Graduate Nursing and Nurse Anesthesia programs with accurate,
- Collaborates with Clinical Placement Manager, Associate
Director, Department Chairs of the Division of Graduate Nursing to
develop and manage accurate, timely data to support the mission of
- Provide back-up for academic administrative assistant/program
coordinator, as needed.
- Oversees the process for data entry and programmatic
correspondence required for program tracking and grant
- Assist with accreditation-related data.
- Supervise work study students
- Other duties, as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
in Information Systems, Higher Education, or Related Field
- 3+ Years of Experience
- Sound judgment and the ability to handle responsibilities with
both discretion and independence.
- Ability to work well either alone or collaboratively as part of
- Self-motivated professional.
- High degree of integrity and professionalism.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects
- Knowledge of principles and practices of organization, time
management, planning, records management and general
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Collaborative/team player.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Can be counted on to follow-up on requests, projects, and other
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
- Center City – Philadelphia, PA
This position is classified as Exempt,
Compensation for this grade ranges from $54,630 - $81,940.
Please note that the offered rate for this position typically
aligns with the minimum to midrange of this grade, but it can vary
based on the successful candidate’s qualifications and experience,
department budget, and an internal equity review.
We encourage you to explore Drexel's Professional Staff salary
structure and Compensation Guidelines
for more details on our compensation
You can also find valuable information about our benefits in the
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when
submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is
Nov 20 2023 Eastern Standard Time
Dec 20 2023 Eastern Standard Time