Dean of the Morosky College of Health Professions and
Gannon University is seeking candidates for the Dean of the Morosky
College of Health Professions and Sciences who are looking to join
a dynamic team and make a difference in the university and the
lives of students, colleagues and neighbors. Gannon University is a
growing and thriving diocesan Catholic university, focused on
transforming the lives of our students, our colleagues and the
communities we serve. The university seeks a Dean who is committed
to the University's mission and eager to support the continued
momentum the university is enjoying.
The Dean of the Morosky College of Health Professions and Sciences
(MCHPS) serves as a member of the Provost Council and is
responsible for leadership, management, and administration of the
academic departments within MCHPS and the office of the Academic
The Dean facilitates a vision and strategic direction while leading
the college in a unified plan of action. As a leader of the
faculty, the Dean supports, encourages, and fosters excellence in
teaching, advising, scholarship, and service. The Dean is
responsible for program development, delivery, and assessment;
faculty recruitment and development; budget development and fiscal
management; and facilitation of student learning at Gannon's Erie,
Pennsylvania campus and Ruskin, Florida location.
The Dean is the primary spokesperson for MCHPS; provides leadership
for resource development; and builds and maintains partnerships
with alumni, businesses, and the communities the university
supports. The Dean must be able to support and promote the
The ideal candidate will be a visionary leader and creative problem
solver who shows initiative and is committed to academic
excellence. They will be able to maintain an atmosphere of
collegiality among faculty and staff from diverse disciplinary
backgrounds, promote collaboration, and manage conflict. The Dean
will dedicate time and energy to enhance positive intellectual,
professional, and personal development of faculty, staff, and
- Direct the recruitment and development of diverse and talented
faculty, faculty administrators, and staff within the Morosky
College of Health Professions and Sciences (MCHPS); recommend
appointments, reappointments, and separations to the Provost and
Vice President of Student Experience.
- Evaluate faculty, faculty administrators, and staff in MCHPS;
develop and implement remedial plans as needed.
- Support, encourage, and foster excellence in teaching,
advising, scholarship, and service.
- Lead and mentor Leadership Teams to fulfill all essential
functions of the position.
- Support the quality and growth of academic programs within
MCHPS as well as the development and implementation of new
- Ensure that adequate and appropriate assessment and other data
are used to inform decision-making.
- Monitor standards to attain and maintain accreditation when and
where appropriate and build effective working relationships with
those accrediting agencies, including the Florida Department of
Education Commission for Independent Education for Gannon's Ruskin,
- Actively support MCHPS and University events and
- Demonstrate a commitment to the value of a liberal arts
education and assure effective integration of the Liberal Studies
Core into academic programs in MCHPS.
- Participate in the annual budget process and effectively manage
resources allocated to MCHPS in accordance with University
- Coordinate and oversee development and administration of
- Represent and advocate for MCHPS, its students, faculty
members, and staff as a member of Provost Council and University
- Foster relationships and communicate effectively with internal
and external stakeholders.
- Revise, develop, and implement academic policy in partnership
with the Provost and Vice President of Student Experience, other
Academic and Student Affairs Deans, Faculty Senate, and other
- Establish necessary policies and procedures for MCHPS,
consistent with University policy.
- Manage space and appearance of MCHPS academic buildings.
Oversee operations of Gannon's Ruskin, FL location.
- Supervise Gannon University employees associated with strategic
- Perform other duties as assigned within the scope,
responsibility, and requirements of the job.
: Earned Doctorate that demonstrates a
terminal degree relevant to a program within the Morosky College of
Health Professions and Sciences
: Minimum of eight years of
distinguished experience as a university faculty member with
credentials commensurate with senior faculty status (tenured,
associate professor), and a minimum of four years of progressive
experience in academic administration (preferably in the role of a
department chair, or a higher level, in a university context)
Provost & Student Experience (AA)
Provost & VP for Student Experience
To apply, visit https://gannon.peopleadmin.com/postings/11255